|Publication or Company
||B2B Publishing, Carbon, Energy
||Flexible Hours, Health
||Houston, San Diego or Washington DC, TX
ICIS, a division of RBI is seeking a market reporter to contribute towards the development and growth of the ICIS carbon/power data and analytics business, which was created through ICIS' recent acquisition of Tschach Solutions GmbH. ICIS has ambitious plans for the development of this business, including expansion into new and emerging markets globally, and the integration of data and market reporting services to create sophisticated and compelling online data propositions to support users' commercial decisions. There is flexibility on the location of this position and can be based in Houston, San Diego or Washington DC.
Accurate assessment of market prices
- Gather market information by telephone, electronic communications and internet
- Generate accurate assessments for Californian market prices through polling of a broad section of industry sources
- Ensure price assessments conform to ICIS methodologies
- Keep proper records of communication with sources in compliance with record retention policies
- Sub-edit copy and check assessments produced by colleagues
Produce quality news consistently for own beat
- Contribute to the news planning process daily
- Produce regular on –and off-diary news stories on news beats to deadline
- Produce regular analysis pieces
- Identify, attend and cover relevant conferences
Grow industry knowledge, profile and contact base
- Identify, maintain and grow contact lists for own markets and news beats in line with policies
- Gain clear understanding of market fundamentals and price drivers
- Build up network of contacts within Californian trading and regulatory community
- Be able to provide feedback to editor on possible additions to market coverage – new pricing opportunities, market-relevant data becoming available, linking to other ETS and related market reporting opportunities etc.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable experience of news reporting and quantitative analysis
- Strong command of English
- Knowledge of energy, economics and environmental issues preferred
- Proven interest in regulatory and policy issues
- Familiarity with the US energy wholesale market and the Californian ETS
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
ICIS offers a leading energy pricing service, covering wholesale energy markets across the world through a dedicated editorial team, with bureaus in the UK, Germany, the US, China, and elsewhere. Our price reporters cover the energy complex (carbon, coal, LNG, natural gas, oil, power, renewable sources,) for our customers who are experts in the wholesale energy sector, ranging from traders to regulators to company executives.
Reed Business Information brings market leading brands to an audience of millions of decision makers worldwide through its multi-platform media of data services, online lead generation services, community websites, magazines and events. Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Reed Elsevier is a world leading provider of professional information in the Science, Medical, Legal, Risk and Business sectors.
We offer competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package that will provide you with significant opportunities and advantages. You may choose from a wide menu of options including medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), retirement benefits, flexible spending accounts, vacation, sick, personal, and holiday time. You are eligible for many of our health benefits from your first day of employment.
|About Our Company
||ICIS (www.icis.com) is a world-leading chemical pricing and information service, offering unrivalled coverage of global chemical and energy markets. ICIS has been established for 30 years, and commands the respect within the industry which you would expect from a long-term player. We are experiencing quick growth as a brand.