|Publication or Company
||Social Media Coordinator
||Internet/Online/New Media, Social Media, TV/Cable
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Health
||New York, NY
||As a part of our Veria Living Digital Content Team, the candidate is responsible for collaborating with senior editor/senior producer to share all digital content on social platforms. The person will also be responsible for:
- Coordinates the day-to-day content management and maintenance of Veria’s social accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, LinkedIn and others, as well as website’s community-based forums.
- Maintains a dedicated Social Content Calendar for social properties in coordination with digital Editorial Calendar.
- Assists Editor in developing and packaging Veria content for social distribution; showcase articles, video, galleries and shows.
- Maintains a brand voice that resonates with the community, fits the platform and is consistent with the brand’s authentic voice, as determined by the senior editorial team.
- Monitors community activity, including comments on social channels and on website; reviews new followers/fans and com municating with Veria.
- Implements best practices and social innovation across various platforms and communities and monitor the competitive landscape.
- Drafts weekly and monthly social media status reports to track key metrics and goals, as determined by senior Digital team.
- Monitors daily social media analytics to gauge success of social media efforts and initiatives
- Collaborates on brand campaigns and promotions, including implementation of contests and sweepstakes and one-off sponsorship programs, monitors UGC contest content, and moderates social chats with Veria talent, experts and contributors.
- Participates in social media meetings, brainstorms and strategy sessions, and identifies opportunities and trends in the social media space. Serves as an internal social media resource for the brand.
- Establishes and implements new approaches to grow following and engagement, both paid and organic.
Veria Living takes pride in employing diligent, charismatic, and passionate content editors. A successful social media coordinator will have:
- 1-3 years experience managing social media platforms for a digital media publication
- Undergraduate degree in English, Journalism, Marketing or a related field preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of social media monitoring and publishing tools, and trends.
- Ability to develop and maintain a strong editorial voice in the online space.
- Experience in writing and editing, preferably conceptualizing and executing Social Media strategies.
- Ability to understand customer needs and identify emerging needs that can be solved using social networking.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required to effectively manage multiple projects at a time, and work well both as an individual and within team environment.
- Passion for health & wellness lifestyle, as well as social media
- Takes personal accountability & initiative:
- Identifies issues
- Takes action to resolve
- Goes beyond what is required
- Strong personal effectiveness skills to include:
- Maintains composure even in highly visible conflict situations
- Deals effectively with others (Internal and external); seeks win-win solutions.
- Demonstrates personal accountability and initiative/goes beyond what is required.
- Looks for new ways of doing things
- Successful at building collaborative relationships
- Demonstrates maturity and balance – is free from behavior that would detract from overall effectiveness in executing the job
|About Our Company
||Veria Living is a leading media company devoted to showcasing wellness programming and related content globally. Veria Living TV is a 24/7 television network currently available in the US on cable and satellite platforms. The privately held company, based in New York City, offers the world's largest line-up of new first-run, original HD content connecting viewers to the benefits and joys of living a healthy lifestyle.