|Publication or Company
||Internet/Online/New Media, Web Development
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||New York, NY
||We are looking for a self-motivated web developer to join our small fun team in creating dynamic web sites for one of the top media and event publication companies. You’ll work with all business areas from design to finish products. This includes not only learning new IT skills with other developers, but also the complete business process and the opportunity to bring your own ideas to the table. We use several different technologies for our multiple business areas, so being diverse is a real asset to the team. You need to be passionate about your craft as you will need to take initiative to solve problems and learn/use new technologies and build them with low maintenance needs. Since our team is small, you will have a chance to make an immediate impact and be part of the solutions we need.
- Work with our product managers to create, develop and tweak features for our sites
- Create integration UX plans for our ever growing product lines
- Always be offering better solutions to areas you work in
- Research new technologies to see how we can apply them to better the development process
- have around 2 to 4 years experience in web development
- know what MVC means
- have googled tips on how to build a RESTful API
- have experience working with relational databases (We use SQL Server and MySQL)
- have experience with a framework, like Django or Rails
- write easy-to-read self-documenting code
- be comfortable interacting with non-technical people (i.e. product managers, designers)
- have a degree in computer science or something related
- the full engineering stack
- NoSQL databases, like Redis or MongoDB
We’d also love to see your GitHub or Bitbucket profile (or other online projects).
|About Our Company
||mediabistro.com is a community of media professionals that has grown over 13 years
with tremendous good will. We're a small, fast growing, profitable company with offices
in Manhattan. mediabistro.com is a division of WebMediaBrands Inc.
Our Vision: A vibrant place for creative and content industry professionals (media
people) to come for fulfillment of their professional aspirations and social needs. A
crossroads of commerce, marketplaces and career paths; a center of teaching; a source of
inspiration and fun that generates a shared identity and feeling of connectedness between
media people and their chosen profession.
We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience, along with a very
generous benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance,
paid vacation/sick/personal/company holidays, 401K, fitness
reimbursement, FSA, commuter discounts, and a casual and fun work environment!