|Publication or Company
||The New York Times
||Optimization Director Job
||Internet/Online/New Media, Newspapers, Web Development
||New York, NY
This person will be responsible for building a discipline of iterative testing and optimization for NYTimes.com, helping stakeholders across the company achieve their revenue, subscription and traffic goals.
This role will encompass the optimization of marketing campaigns and the purchase process, as well as optimization of the site design and other digital products, taking a holistic view of the experience in order to increase overall value and effectiveness.
Lessons learned and best practices should be used to inform a long-term vision for applying similar optimization efforts in other areas, and working with user experience, research and technology partners will be critical.
- Supervising the end-to-end process of test design, implementation and analysis
- Leading the company’s efforts to design and implement A/B and multivariate testing, creating testing roadmaps with product managers and marketers
- Building the optimization practice and collaborating with research, user experience, analytics partners to enhance the test design process ?
- Using observation and analysis to recommend iterative improvements to site design and marketing, and measuring the success of those recommendations?
- Developing a process for rapid creation and implementation of optimized elements?
- Adhering to advertising, marketing and editorial standards and guidelines for content and promotion?
- Documenting and communicating findings and insights to stakeholders across the company??
- Working knowledge of multivariate statistics, with application to business problems or market research
- Knowledge of experimental design and conjoint survey methods preferred
- 5+ years experience in digital marketing analytics and/or strategy
- 5+ years experience running A/B and multivariate tests, and executing targeted campaigns
- 5+ years in a management position, leading a cross-functional team
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work seamlessly with a cross-functional team of analysts, technologists, marketers and product managers.
- Ability to remain productive and focused in a team-oriented, fast-paced, highly-matrixed and evolving environment.?
- Prior experience working for or with marketing optimization platforms (e.g., Optimost, WebTrends Optimizer, Maxymiser) in leading the development and implementation of AB / MVT tests ?
- Paid content, specifically online subscription (acquisition and retention) experience desirable?
- Degree in an analytical field such as economics, mathematics, or computer science is desired. MBA is a plus.
- A sense of humor is essential
The New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT) is a global media organization dedicated to enhancing society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news and information. The company includes The New York Times, International New York Times, NYTimes.com, INYT.com and related properties. It is known globally for excellence in its journalism, and innovation in its print and digital storytelling and its business model. Follow news about the company at @NYTimesComm.
The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense