|Publication or Company
||The New York Times
||Video Analytics Analyst Job
||Internet/Online/New Media, Newspapers, Web Development
||New York, NY
The New York Times is seeking an experienced Video Analytics Manager to join our growing Customer Insight Group, which is responsible for research and analytics for all New York Times offerings, including the newspaper and NYTimes.com. The successful candidate will become a key partner to the video product development team as The Times continually enhances existing video products and launch new offerings. The Video Analytics Manager will help define and track key performance indicators, and generate insights about how our audiences use videos on our Web site and in our mobile applications.
- Use data and analytics to deeply understand the New York Times audience and their behavior in terms of video consumption
- Liaise with internal business stakeholders to understand their business objectives, challenges and opportunities.
- Work with business, technology, and editorial partners to optimize our tracking capabilities for video
- Design, maintain and generate data dashboards
- Proactively identify insights that help stakeholders achieve their objectives and improve our products and services.
- Influence internal stakeholders at all levels of the organization to take action based on insights generated to seize business opportunities
- Present findings to team members and senior executives
- 2+ years of relevant experience working in web / digital / mobile analytics or in web-based businesses
- Prior experience in developing or analyzing digital video products and services
- Knowledge of the digital video ecosystem – formats, distribution, content
- At least 2 years of experience in web analytics, using tools such as Omniture, Webtrends, Coremetrics
- Prior work experience using SQL is required; additional programming languages are a plus
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal presentations
- Strong business acumen to understand corporate strategy, interact with clients and present actionable findings.
- Excellent conceptual and analytical reasoning competencies
- Degree in an analytical field such as economics, mathematics, or computer science is desired. MBA is a plus.
- Familiarity with NYTimes.com and/or The New York Times newspaper.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment
- A top-notch sense of humor
The New York Times Company (NYSE: NYT) is a global media organization dedicated to enhancing society by creating, collecting and distributing high-quality news and information. The company includes The New York Times, International New York Times, NYTimes.com, INYT.com and related properties. It is known globally for excellence in its journalism, and innovation in its print and digital storytelling and its business model. Follow news about the company at @NYTimesComm.
The New York Times Company is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship or any other protected characteristic. The New York Times Company is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.