|Publication or Company
||Audience Development Assistant Manager
||Magazine Publishing, Marketing, Other Publishing
||New York, NY
||Crain Communications is seeking an experienced Assistant Manager, Audience Development to assist the Audience Development Director in audience promotions for two publications. This position can reside in New York office. Below are the key job responsibilities and requirements:
• Implementation and execution of all promotions associated with the direct marketing strategy of a b-to-b publication including direct mail, telemarketing, email and digital, such as:
• Provide direction to related vendors to ensure that the strategic vision & goals set forth by the Manager are being met
• List acquisition
• Preparation of lettershop & merge/purge instructions
• Order, proof & maintain print stock inventory
• Setting up & deploying e-mail promotions – including testing/approval and being able to execute minor creative revisions
· Provide tactical direction on controlled subscription campaigns
· Review and approve vendor distribution reports for accuracy
· Develop and execute email promotional campaigns for controlled and paid offers. This includes gathering creative and lists, setting up in email utility (Cheetahmail), sending and approving tests and reporting on campaign results.
· Oversee renewal & invoice preparation and distribution – including approving all copy, rates and offers each month. Develop and implement strategies to increase renewal response through creative, copy and offer changes.
· Handle print procurement for all print promotions including direct mail, coverwraps, and subcards. Work with outside vendors on RFQ’s and setup of new creative and monitor stock.
· Execute telemarketing efforts from conception to completion including vendor selection, script handling, list generation, managing budgeted costs and loading end data back into subscription system.
· Processing and approve vendor invoices and track spending for budget
· Ability to learn marketing automation/lead generation platform to implement audience promotions via email, setting up queries, customer segments/scoring, and rules for triggered emails based on customer activity.
· Create label split within the database each week
· Approve subscriber counts resulting from the label split; or be able to input revisions if needed
· Prepare & approve the final press run
· Maintain and update circulation projector analyzer report
· Submit circulation stats to Finance each month.
· Renewal Analyzer done weekly with highlights report
· Provide feedback to the Director relating to overall circulation trends and campaign performance based on baseline assessment of reports/analyzers
· Run routine counts for sales department, list rental and advertiser inserts
· Prepare BPA/AAM Publisher’s statements twice per year; as well as annual audit preparation
· Analysis for media kits and sales team
· Must have auditing knowledge and be on top of current rules and proposed rule changes
· Handle customer service requests and customer look-ups in multiple databases (subscription, registration, email)
· Setup campaign promotion codes in system and monitor results
· Expert knowledge of database, clean-up, updates from list sources
· Export criteria-based subscriber files from database, as needed
· Run galleys & matrices and be able to manipulate data in Microsoft Excel and Access
· Ability to work with many internal departments (Customer Service, Fulfillment, Operations, IT) to implement projects and communicate goals.
· A minimum of 3-5 years publishing experience in Audience Development or circulation management in print & online
· Must have a Bachelors degree (Marketing or Business preferred)
· Experience and/or knowledge of the Investment industry preferred, but not required
· Strong collaboration skills
· Candidate will have a solid understanding of all aspects of marketing/circulation basics, strong quantitative skills
· Solid understanding of AAM/BPA audit and US Postal Service mail requirements
· Experience in data analysis such as calculating and interpreting campaign performance metrics
· Strong writing skills with the ability to craft persuasive copy
· Flexibility and ability to multi-task on multiple projects
· Always be thinking of ways to improve current processes
· Be marketing-minded and passionate about the brand and our goals
· Thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage time efficiently to always meet deadlines
· Quick learner and open to learning new systems and embracing new processes
· Ability to travel occasionally for events and training
|About Our Company
||Crain Communications Inc. publication is one of the largest privately-owned business publishers in the US with over 28 different business, trade and consumer publications and websites within North America, Europe and Asia. We offer a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment.
To apply for this position please visit our website at www.crain.com and search under the Careers section. Please include resume, cover letter and minimum of three recent clips for consideration.
We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly.
Crain Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.