|Publication or Company
||Software QA Engineer
||Advertising Agency, Internet/Online/New Media, Web Development
||New York, NY
||Thomson Reuters News Agency – Media Group is looking for a Test Engineer to join our expanding team of technical professionals. We are seeking an innovative tester that can help us significantly improve product quality and delivery to our customers.
- Specific knowledge and understanding of internet protocols and web technologies
- Specific knowledge and experience working with test automation tools and frameworks
- Ability to work with software developers and discuss technical issues in detail
- Specific knowledge and experience working with web services and RESTFUL APIs
- Specific knowledge and experience working with relational databases
- Specific working knowledge of performance and load testing tools
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum development
- Familiarity with Source Control systems such as Git and SVN
- Ability to create effective test plans
- Ability to write effective test cases (manual and automated)
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them in to tests
- Work with technical and non-technical team members such as Product Managers, Project Managers, Software Developers, and Customer Service & Support to ensure quality outcome of all product deliverables
- Create, maintain, and execute system tests – both manually and automated
- Report deviations of quality to the Global Head of Product Quality
- Detect defects and create informative bug reports and effectively follow up on bug closure
- Advise the team on major issues to product quality
- Create test reports detailing all bugs and issues found in each test iteration
- Keep the QA systems updated with relevant data and configurations to ensure effective test coverage
- Must be able to work on more than one time sensitive project at a time
- Be proactive about testing, test coverage, and resolving issues
Traits and Attributes
- Ability to work in an environment with strict deadlines and delivery schedules
- Ability to prioritize and manage own work schedules consistent with team goals
- Ability to stick to agreed team commitments and commitments made to others
- Believes in high quality and willing to evangelize others
- Willing to challenge colleagues regarding improving quality
- Willing to push back on unreasonable requests
- Appropriately skeptical
- Excellent communication skills
- Healthy curiosity about testing all things technical
- Empathizes with customers first and foremost
- Understands when to seek help
- More than 5 years of test engineering experience
- Current or former software developer who loves testing
- Current or former experience in electronic news and/or news delivery systems
- Experience with satellite technologies
- Experience in broadcast media
|About Our Company
||We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.