|Publication or Company
||Quayside Publishing Group
||Book Publishing, Graphic Design/Art Direction, Other Publishing
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||We are seeking an Art Director to add to our established design team in Beverly, MA. This person will conceptualize and create designs that effectively communicate the message of the books to readers as well as look appealing in style and composition suitable to the audience.
Key Results Areas:
A. Work with the Art Directors, Sales Team, Marketing Team, and Editorial Team to conceptualize and create original cover, page layout, and marketing materials.
B. Support Art Directors and Image Librarian.
1. Support with materials needed for all book titles
2. Work with Design team on special projects such as cover and interior spread design
3. Support in maintaining our Image Libraries
C. With the guidance of an Art Director, Management of book design and layout from concept to pre-press (1 – 4 Titles per year).
1. Art direction and scheduling of freelance designers and layout production artists
2. Balance freelance time with in-house design
3. Effectively manage and ensure titles are on-budget, on-schedule, and error free
4. Ensure the published product reflects stylistic consistency and establishes editorial style
D. Support Sales and Marketing teams.
1. Support sales and marketing teams with materials needed for all book titles
2. Designing sales and marketing kits for promotion of upcoming titles
3. Update files for client approval and supply files to reproduction house
4. Work with sales team on special projects such as buy-ins, co-editions and imprints
5. Design covers for outside clients obtained by sales team
E. Manage freelancer pool: Source new talent and maintain our pool of freelance book designers, production artists, illustrators, and photographers.
A. Minimum Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
• Strong design, color, and typography skills.
• Fluent in Adobe Indesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
• Strong organizational, communications, and inter-personal skills.
• Ability to thrive in a deadline driven environment.
• Ability to accept constructive criticism.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
B. Education and Experience
• BA in Graphic Design or comparable major.
• 1 – 3 years experience in a graphic design, preferably publishing environment, desired.
Quayside Publishing Group offers a competitive salary, generous benefits package and 401k with company match. Full time benefit offerings may include:
Paid Sick Time
Personal Time Off
Voluntary Life Insurance
Short Term Disability
Long Term Disability
Flexible Spending Plans
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter, including salary requirements, to:
No phone calls, please.
|About Our Company
||Quayside Publishing Group is dedicated to producing high quality illustrated and narrative books, calendars, journals and gift products in a variety of subjects, ranging from self-sufficiency and country living to cooking, pop culture and home & garden. We strive to deliver authoritative, entertaining content in an attractive but affordable printed package that delights and inspires consumers.