|Publication or Company
||Internet/Online/New Media, Web Development
||New York, NY
||Mediabistro is looking for a self-motivated developer to join our IT team in creating dynamic web sites. Our numerous business areas: job boards, online education offerings, event productions, and social media analysis/research divisions are growing and we need to meet those challenges. As part of a compact development team you’ll be part of the entire build process from concept to finish products. We are looking to take on a number of reengineering projects in the coming months and need someone that is an experienced developer and wants to be part of a team leading a technology change as our company needs grow.
- Help rebuild our resources and systems as Rails apps (our backend currently consists of VBScript, PHP, C#, JScript, Ruby)
- Work with our product managers to create, develop and tweak features for our sites
- Create integration UX plans for our ever growing product lines
- Make architecture choices to lay the foundation for our new backend
- Always be offering better solutions to areas you work in
- Research new technologies to see how we can apply them to better the development process
- have at least 2 to 4 years experience in web development
- be proficient with Ruby on Rails (1-2 years of focused work)
- have worked with RESTful APIs
- write easy-to-read self-documenting code
- have experience writing SQL and working with databases (we use SQL Server and MySQL)
- be comfortable interacting with non-technical people (i.e. product managers, designers)
- have a degree in computer science or something related
- the full engineering stack
- Resque or Redis
- rspec or Test-Driven Development
- legacy code
You need to be passionate about your craft, willing to take initiative to solve problems, and learn/use new technologies and build them with operational effectiveness in mind. If you think you fit the needs and want to be an immediate impact player get in touch with us. We’d also love to see your GitHub or Bitbucket profile (or other online projects), so don’t be shy and forward this in your response.
How to Apply:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and supporting profile info and let’s get started.
|About Our Company
||Mediabistro (NASDAQ: MBIS) is a community of media professionals that has grown over 13 years with tremendous good will, with offices in Manhattan.
Mediabistro is the leading provider of jobs, news, education, events, and research for the media industry. Our mission is to help media professionals succeed and grow in their careers as we provide them with opportunities to acquire new positions, knowledge, skills, and connections.
We offer competitive compensation commensurate with experience, along with a very
generous benefit package that includes medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance,
paid vacation/sick/personal/company holidays, 401K, fitness
reimbursement, FSA, commuter discounts, and a casual and fun work environment!