|Publication or Company
||Vice President of Marketing and Communications
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||Reporting directly to the President & CEO, the Vice President leads the development of as well as the execution and coordination of Rebuilding Together’s communications and marketing strategy through three major functions. All three are designed to build and sustain relationships that result in greater impact, organizational growth, increased support and a stable, viable organization.
1. Create and lead a strategic engagement plan to establish and sustain results-driven relationships with public, private, and non-profit sector partners; corporate, foundation and individual sponsors and supporters; alliances; and influencers.
A full range of innovative, high-impact tactics and tools will be woven into the plan including cause-related marketing, public and media relations, special initiatives, use of the Web, social media, print and electronic publications, presentations, institutional outreach, events and other newly-emerging ways to interact with key stakeholders and constituents.
2. Embed the engagement strategy and plan throughout Rebuilding Together, at the national corporate level and through its affiliate network. This will include defining staff roles in engagement and building staff capacity to ensure results-producing, high quality marketing and communications efforts.
It also will include working closely with Rebuilding Together’s staff and volunteer leadership to integrate engagement strategies into program, development and affiliate initiatives.
The strategy and plan will include creating new ways to bring voices, knowledge and wisdom into and throughout the organization as well, resulting in the ability to capture and share valuable knowledge and connect stakeholders through that knowledge.
3. Build and lead a team of strategic communications and marketing professionals who understand how to create and maintain relationships and are skilled and multi-fluent in traditional and new communications tactics and tools.
Oversee the team to implement the engagement strategy, managing all aspects of communications and engagement throughout the organization, working closely with the vice presidents of Affiliate Services and Development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Serve with CEO and other vice presidents as a member of the senior management team to determine strategy and direction for the organization
• Help develop the overall organizational budget; develop, manage Communications and Marketing budget
• Develop and manage mechanisms for measuring and evaluating success against goals, both for the organization and for communications/marketing
Communications and Marketing Plan
• Help Rebuilding Together build on its communications successes
• Lead shift from a focus on tactics and transactions to a focus on using communications strategically to build relationships and engage key stakeholders and constituents to reach the organization’s goals
• Develop systems to track progress in achieving the goals of the plan
• Create communications and marketing plan organized around Rebuilding Together’s goals, programmatic priorities, specific initiatives, and essential aspects such as development and the overall brand and position
• Develop new channels for generating, sharing and capturing knowledge as a significant value add for affiliates, staff, partners and supporters
• Develop systems for tracking relationships with key audiences and progress against the benchmarks outlined in the plan
• Integrate engagement strategies into planning and execution throughout the organization
• From a communications and marketing perspective, identify opportunities and challenges that impact relationship and engagement efforts, especially in development and affiliate services
• Define engagement roles for all staff, board and affiliate leadership; coach and train to enable fulfillment
• Design, manage messages and support implementation of individual communications initiatives such as blogs, presentations, and other tactics
The Communications and Marketing Team
• Build an integrated, multi-faceted team that thinks strategically, is experienced in building relationships and understands how and when to use a broad variety of communications tactics and tools
• Set priorities based on organizational goals; directly manage team members; oversee professional development and manage quality
• Coordinate work of others who are part of communications and marketing initiatives broadly defined but are not within the department
• Further develop the engagement approach and share with affiliates as part of their own growth and organizational development
• Depth and breadth of knowledge and leadership for design, implementation and management of relationship and engagement-driven communications and marketing initiatives
• Experience in working at national and local community levels
• Demonstrated ability to develop mutually-beneficial communications partnerships with leadership from Fortune 500 corporations, businesses, national and local nonprofits, thought leaders, elected officials and media
• Demonstrated experience in developing mutually-beneficial communications partnerships with local affiliates through a nationwide affiliate network
• Finely-honed skills in using new tools and integrating new approaches into a comprehensive communications and marketing strategy
• Experience in developing a network of multiple channels to generate, capture and share knowledge throughout a network
• Able to create and deliver powerful verbal, graphic and written communications
• Demonstrated leadership and business acumen; a proven record dealing with the budgeting process and management of staff and financial resources
• Management style that is outcome- and goal-oriented, flexible, innovative and respectful
• Ability to work at the strategic and framework level as well as produce deliverables for the organization
• General personal affinity for the organization’s vision and mission
• Personal creativity and vision coupled with the ability to listen and learn
• Strong sense of intellectual curiosity
• Critical thinking at a framework and organizational level combined with willingness to deliver practical solutions and tools
• Ability to inspire trust
• Willingness to work in fast-paced, changing environment
• Bachelor’s degree with 7 – 10 years senior leadership experience in contributing to the vision and strategic direction of the organization and creating and leading communications and marketing focused on relationship building and engagement
• Knowledge of and experience in using and integrating all aspects of traditional and new communications and engagement driven tools and tactics
• Excellent oral and written communications skills