|Publication or Company
||Newsday Media Group
||Newsday and amNewYork’s Opinion pages are looking for a web producer to help expand our presence online and on social media.
We're looking for someone who can experiment to find the best ways to stimulate informed and thought-provoking debate online. The right person cares deeply about politics and public policy and is excited about using multiple platforms to create a forum for New Yorkers to hear and discuss a wide range of opinions.
The position is based in Newsday's office in Melville.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Managing the Opinion section's web sites, including posting new content throughout the day for Newsday and amNewYork
- Curating content from syndicated columnists and cartoonists
- Managing the social media presence for the Opinion section
- Blogging with fresh opinions about hot issues in the news locally, nationally and internationally
- Assisting in the production and editing of video projects
- Working closely with columnists and members of the editorial board to find the best way to present arguments online
Our ideal candidate is:
- Engaged with the news and interested in learning more about government and politics
- Committed to a high standard of journalism with a keen attention to detail
- Fast, accurate and flexible
- Well-organized and patient, with project management skills and experience with large-scale, compelling interactives
- Adept at juggling tasks and calm under pressure in breaking news and deadline situations
- Knowledgeable about the role social media and mobile applications play in expanding a website’s reach and comfortable with technology
- Experienced editing video and telling stories in different forms
- Bachelor's degree
- One to three years of experience journalism or public policy
- Fluency with a web publishing content management system
- Basic HTML, photo and video editing skills
- Reliable transportation to and from Newsday’s Melville office
Mail: Mary Ann Skinner
Assistant Managing Editor
235 Pinelawn Road
Melville, NY 11747
Equal Opportunity Employment
|About Our Company
||Newsday is a daily newspaper, serving Long Island through its print editions and its web site Newsday.com. Newsday is committed to quality journalism and boasts 19 Pulitzer Prizes and numerous other awards including the Polk Awards, Sigma Delta Chi, National Headliners, Society of Silurians, Deadline Club, Overseas Press Club, American Society of Newspaper Editors, New York Newspaper Publishers Association, National Association of Black Journalists and Press Club of Long Island. Newsday is owned by Cablevision.