|Publication or Company
||CUNY-School of Professional Studies
||Special Events Coordinator
||New York, NY
Assists in planning, preparing for, and executing special events of various kinds.
- Assists in logistical and program planning for seminars, conferences, and special events.
- Represents unit to internal and external organizations and vendors, handling many inquiries independently.
- Organizes correspondence, accounts, contracts, and billing for all events.
- Creates and distributes marketing communications and materials; create and distribute any required event materials.
- Coordinates invitations, reservations, and ticket arrangements as needed; manages travel arrangements and/or special guest requirements.
- Assures technology and equipment are available as needed and operate properly.
- Collects information to evaluate program/event success, and report results to management.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- A four year degree in a related field (communications, marketing, business, or hospitality)
- At least two (2) years of professional work experience in a Special Events Office highly desirable
- Experience in commencement planning and conferences
- Strong proficiency with CVENT system
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook; adept at learning new technology tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Availability to work early days, nights and weekends as needed
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
How to Apply:
Please apply using the link below:
***If you are unable to upload your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to indicate which position you are applying for and that you have submitted your application online.***
|About Our Company
||Position Title: Special Events Coordinator
Job ID: 9656
Department: CUNY School of Professional Studies
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Closing Date: May 14, 2014
Campus Specific Information
Celebrating its 10-year anniversary, the CUNY School of Professional Studies of the City University of New York (CUNY SPS) leads the University in developing and operating online bachelor's degrees for students who wish to complete their undergraduate studies, and trains faculty throughout CUNY in online instruction. CUNY SPS also offers master's degrees, certificates, and non-degree programs, and is home to the Joseph S. Murphy Institute for Worker Education and Labor Studies, which offers higher education programs for working adults and union members, and serves as a nationally-recognized center for scholarship and resources for labor, academic, and community leaders seeking a deeper understanding of labor and urban issues.
Reporting directly to the Events Manager, the Special Events Coordinator is responsible for administrative support of event management, including logistics and planning with internal clients and external vendors.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing logistical support for an ongoing calendar of events.
- Assisting with administration and operation of School-wide venue reservation and scheduling system.
- Assisting with the management of the College's commencement ceremony, events through the Dean's office, and other CUNY-wide events.
- Assisting in representing the CUNY School of Professional Studies to internal and external organizations and vendors, handling many inquiries independently.