|Publication or Company
||Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort
||Director of Marketing and Communications
||Marketing, Public Relations
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
The Director of Marketing and Communications satisfies the resort's annual social room night goal through successful campaigns in the areas of marketing, advertising, public relations, sponsorships and special events. The Director provides leadership and direction to the marketing department and maintains the resort's brand image and creates quality marketing and public relations programs that reinforce the resort's brand image.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop and execute Annual Budget and marketing plans for the resort as well as other business units within the resort.
a. Analyze target markets and market opportunities
b. Define strategies to reach the target markets
c. Monitor and analyze market trends
2. Plans, executes and evaluates all annual marketing programs and campaigns that drive room nights, reinforces the resort's brand image and creates positive awareness for the resort. Supervises the marketing team to implement the details of these programs to completion.
3. Maintains continuity of image and quality of production of all marketing materials.
4. Plans campaigns that include but are not limited to:
a. Direct Response (Direct Mail campaign, e-mail program);
b. Electronic Broadcast (Sandestin TV Channel);
c. Major Print Collateral (Sandestin Magazine, Guest Directory, Arrival Guides, Arrival Guide Inserts);
d. Special Events Campaigns (Wine Festival, Gumbo Festival, Triathlon, etc.);
e. Internet (Sandestin website, sEa-mail at Sandestin e-newsletter, Hot Deals, E-blasts).
5. Creates concepts for lodging packages as needed to drive room nights.
6. Oversees the maintaining of an up-to-date image library for marketing and PR purposes.
7. Leverages all in-resort cross-promotional and messaging opportunities such as Telephone On-Hold system, Fax Coversheets, PBX voice messaging, All at Sandestin e-mail blasts, OPS meetings, Paycheck Stuffers, SMS and San-Net, etc.
8. Participates in weekly Yield Management Meeting, STAFF Meeting, and Senior Leadership Meeting.
9. Contracts professional services as needed to implement marketing programs.
10. Plans, implements and evaluates the annual local, regional and national media plan by established deadlines.
11. Archives all advertising programs with through electronic billing/filing.
12. Ensures systems back up of all marketing data/material.
13. Informs Reservations of all advertising and promotional programs.
14. Supervises staff in the tracking and production of monthly 800, URL, Source Code and Booking reports as tools for the evaluation of advertising/marketing efforts.
15. Maintains active presence in professional associations, such as Emerald Coast Ad Federation and others, to keep skills updated.
16. Holds weekly brainstorming meeting with Marketing Team in order to come up with new marketing concepts/initiatives for the resort as a whole and individual business units in order to increase room nights and drive revenue. Develops marketing and PR-driven special events that enhance the guest experience and/or promote room-night sales.
17. Conduct weekly MAF and Ad Opps meetings with marketing team.
18. Begin moving towards an electronic system for MAFs in 2014.
19. Leads the resort sponsorship efforts in concert with the resort's marketing budget with in-kind contributions and provide the resort with extended marketing and PR exposure.
20. Keep's the resort sponsorship relationships active and productive.
21. Other duties as assigned.
1. Plans, implements and evaluates all local, regional and national public relations and promotional to reinforce Sandestin's brand image, drive room nights and create positive awareness of the resort.
2. Maintains continuity of image, message and quality of production of all public relations materials.
3. Maintains an up to date media list.
4. Hosts one-on-one media visits year round and themed-press trips each year.
5. Provides monthly corporate PR reports to Senior Leadership and the General Manager.
6. Maintains active presence in national associations such as Public Relations Society of America to keep skills updated.
7. Coordinates media-relations efforts, such as individual site visits, media FAM trips, and provides follow-up contact to participants in order to track exposure received.
8. Coordinates with them team members to research, write and disseminate local, regional and national and press releases and pitches.
9. Crisis Communication Management: Standard Operating Procedure development, points of contact, etc.
10. Other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Strong working knowledge of:
MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word
YouTube and Apple technology
Social media including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, FourSquare and other emerging social media networks.
2. Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
3. Ability to multi-task, and be resourceful with limited direction.
4. Ability to write in accordance with AP style, edit and proofread.
5. Ability to work positively with team members.
6. Ability to make presentations and speak in front of groups.
7. Knowledge and ability to learn new technology.
1. Represents the General Manager/Executive Director of Resort Sales at meetings and public functions when necessary.
2. Performs other assignments as directed by the General Manager/Executive Director as requested.
Directly supervises subordinate Marketing employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Must be able to hear harassment complaints and follow proper complaint procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelorís Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, or Communications is preferred.
The individual must have at least seven years experience in any combination of media buying,
public relations, marketing and/or database marketing. Ability to be articulate and communicate in a professional and courteous manner. Enjoyment of a fast-paced, high-stress job. Ability to display a positive, team-oriented, can-do attitude.
Please view entire Job Description at our Careers link at www.sandestin.com
|About Our Company
||Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort, is a unique and charming destination that has been voted the "Best" resort in Destin, Florida and the #1 resort on Florida's beautiful Emerald Coast. Sandestin is a four season resort for all ages. There is something for everyone at this magnificent 2,400 acre property, including a variety of Destin vacation rental accommodations, sugar white sand beaches, full service beach services, golf for every level of play, a top rated Destin tennis club, water sports, marina, fitness center, spa, biking and walking trails and even our own pedestrian Village, with shopping, dining, events, and entertainment.
"To be recognized as the finest resort and rental community on the Emerald Coast through the delivery of exceptional service and extraordinary amenities for all ages and all seasons."
Sandestin Investments, LLC exists to create an unrivaled commitment to people and excellence.