|Publication or Company
||Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum
||Senior Manager of Media Strategy & Relations
||Marketing, Public Relations
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications
Type of Position: Full-time, salaried/exempt
The Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum is seeking an experienced, energetic and outcomes-oriented Senior Manager of Media Strategy and Relations. Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Senior Manager will support near- and long-term strategic planning and will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of all communications-related activities, including but not limited to press outreach and relations, social media planning, speechwriting and crisis communications.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for all media inquiries
• Work closely with the director of marketing to develop, execute and measure the effectiveness of integrated communications plans leveraging traditional and social media
• Develop and maintain relationships with local and national journalists and key influencers in the arts and culture scene
• Organize and manage media and public events, including press openings, media tours, interviews, photo shoots, etc
• Create all media materials for internal/external audiences, including press releases and related announcements, media kits, briefing documents, staff bios, etc.
• Create reports describing media placements and analyzing the overall effectiveness of media campaigns
• Represent the museum at conferences, conventions and other public events
• Ensure consistency in brand voice and messaging across all communications channels
• Manage external consultants and service providers
• Provide guidance and mentorship to department staff as needed
• 7-10 years of experience in traditional and digital media
• Positive, high energy attitude and a willingness to experiment with creative approaches to problems
• Established relationships with journalists, influencers and other media professionals
• Creative storyteller with exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Strong leadership, project management and interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with Vocus, Google Analytics and social media analytical tools
• Strong interest or background in arts and culture
• Experience supervising and/or managing staff
• Project management experience
Join our dedicated, talented team of employees, interns and volunteers, who are passionate about the work they do to support the Museum’s mission. To apply for a position, please follow this link to the online application—this is our preferred application method: https://isgm.applicantpro.com/jobs/92820.html
The Gardner Museum is committed to affording equal opportunities to qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disabilities, marital status or sexual orientation. Candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply. The Museum is proud to embrace the goals of Commonwealth Compact and pledges to measure its progress toward those goals over time, using the Commonwealth Compact benchmarks.
We receive many resumes and kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
|About Our Company
||The Museum was the creation of Isabella Stewart Gardner (1840-1924) 'for the education and enjoyment of the public forever.' Since opening to the public in 1903, the Gardner has served as a center for ideas and life-long learning in its community - a tradition that is kept alive today through an array of interpretive, creative, educational, horticultural, artistic and scholarly programs.