|Publication or Company
||W. P. Carey Inc.
||E-Mail Marketing Strategist
||Graphic Design/Art Direction, Marketing
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Health, Profit-Sharing, Stock/Options
||New York, NY
||MIRC—the department made up of marketing, investor relations and corporate communications—is headed by W. P. Carey’s Chief Marketing Officer, Susan Hyde. MIRC is looking for a talented email marketer and project manager who will take our email marketing to the next level. We are looking for a passionate self-starter who has experience with marketing automation and lead generation and can work cross-functionally on strategy and execution. The Email Marketing Strategist will work closely with several members of the marketing and communications teams, as well legal and compliance, sales and IT. This role requires managing multiple ongoing interactive communications efforts simultaneously.
MIRC primarily supports the sales team with the marketing of our non-traded REIT investment products. We market our products to financial advisors through a network of broker/dealer firms. We also support our investment team’s business development efforts both here and in Europe and use email marketing to promote W. P. Carey’s global real estate brand.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Self-starter who can power through ambiguity and thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Exceptional organizational skills and superior attention to detail
• Ability to project manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
• Adaptability – to changing priorities, deadlines and situations
• High sense of urgency
• Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently
• Energy and creativity
• A sense of humor
• Passion for analytics, testing, results, and creating beautiful emails
• Knowledge of best practices for creating email templates, dynamic content, testing methodologies, list segmentation, deliverability and CAN-SPAM laws
• Experience with production of e-mail campaigns through third-party deployment web applications such as Eloqua
• Strong, hands-on database experience, specifically Salesforce.com
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite CS6; Photoshop CS6, Dreamweaver CS6, Illustrator CS6 and InDesign CS6; familiarity with FTP hosting
• A clean, beautiful design aesthetic
• 2-5 years of experience in an email marketing role
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop and execute email campaigns, ensuring campaign accuracy, effectiveness, and adherence to email best practices.
• Implement campaign automation, segmentation, tracking, and analysis.
• Develop and leverage customer segmentation to deliver relevant and effective communications.
• Work with sales, IT, and marketing teams to increase integration among email, salesforce, and website systems and develop meaningful analytics reports.
• Work with legal and compliance as needed to ensure emails meet all standards; edit and update as necessary.
• Test and deploy email campaigns, verifying copy, layout, links, and dynamic content as well as assessing and addressing any spam risks.
• Proactively monitor marketing metrics (open rates/click-through/deliverability/etc.) and provide analysis of marketing campaigns and recommendations for enhancing effectiveness.
• Manage multiple simultaneous campaigns to different audiences.
• Stay abreast of and recommend email marketing best practices with coding, design and testing of email campaigns.
• Coordinate all aspects of the e-marketing process as directed, including maintaining and managing e-marketing calendars and campaign schedules.
• Communicate email campaign deployment and metrics to key constituents
• Proactively monitor marketing metrics (open rates/click-through/deliverability/etc.) and provide analysis of marketing campaigns and recommendations for enhancing effectiveness
|About Our Company
||We at W. P. Carey strive to create a diverse, challenging and positive work environment where hard work and dedication are recognized and rewarded. The health and wellness of our employees are paramount and our benefits are unparalleled. We take suggestions seriously. We are a team. We believe in doing good while doing well and hold integrity, honesty, and humor in high regard. It has long been the philosophy at W. P. Carey that intelligent, energetic and devoted people will quickly realize their potential through exposure to high-level projects and experience working directly with senior members of the firm. Joining W. P. Carey, you have the opportunity to develop your full potential at one of the most widely respected global net lease financiers. We truly believe that W. P. Carey’s success depends on the energy and creativity our employees bring to work every day and we are looking for someone to fill the Email Marketing Specialist position that will thrive in this kind of culture and environment.
W. P. Carey Inc. is a publicly traded global net-lease REIT (NYSE: WPC) that provides long-term sale-leaseback and build-to-suit financing for companies worldwide and owns and manages an investment portfolio of more than $15 billion. Our portfolio of long-term leases with creditworthy tenants has enabled us to deliver consistent and rising dividend income to investors for four decades.