|Publication or Company
||Marketing, Public Relations
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||New York, NY
||The Communications Strategist reports to the Director of Strategic Communications and is responsible for a range of content marketing, communications and public relations activities for a portfolio of digital B2B products. The strategist executes a variety of tactics to increase awareness of Elsevier products to ensure consistent communications across channels and protect the integrity of the brand. The strategist will work closely with many colleagues in central marketing and various business units. This is an individual contributor role and will not manage any direct reports.
Key Result Areas and Main Responsibilities:
• Work with PR agency to brainstorm ideas for pitch topics and promotions, ensure message accuracy and consistency, draft/edit press releases, briefing documents, and speaking abstracts as needed
• Maintain “clip book” and ensure coverage website is updated
• Track and update details in product directories, public/partner websites
• Learn about product portfolio and target industries to refine and develop key messaging as needed
• Support content marketing initiatives including the creation of infographics
• Copy writing as needed for marketing initiatives
• Manage Knovel’s blog “K-Exchange”. Own and regularly update the editorial calendar. Identify and write 2-3 articles weekly; coordinate posts with blog contributors. Track and report on traffic
• Channels (Twitter, LI, YouTube, Facebook, G+ etc.)
• Actively listen and engage with community across a variety of social media channels
• Track relevant conversations in target audiences, determine influencers
• Flag discussions for participation; regularly update channels with thoughtful and relevant content
• Coordinate communications with colleagues to promote content, news and other information.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experiences:
• Related Bachelor’s degree (Marketing, PR/Media, Mass Communications, English, Journalism, etc.)
• Qualified candidates will have 5 to 7 years of B2B communications experience; PR agency experience is favorable
• Microsoft Office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Basic knowledge of HTML (Dreamweaver); Wordpress or aptitude to learn
• Familiarity with Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Functional and Technical Competencies:
• Creative and interested in communications and writing, this candidate will have the sophistication, intellect and enthusiasm to effectively support and execute a comprehensive communications program.
• Exceptionally strong writing, proofing and editing skills are fundamental to the success of this role (writing samples required)
• Ability to complete a combination of short-term tasks, while managing ongoing projects
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Should be proactive.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills
• Social media expertise-stay current with best practices and tools
|About Our Company
||Elsevier is the world's leading provider of scientific, technical and medical (STM) information, tools and resources. A global company based in Amsterdam, Elsevier partners with scientists, researchers, healthcare providers, educators and decision-makers in academic institutions, governments and corporations to help them find, evaluate and use information. Our breadth of content is unparalleled, spanning virtually every STM field in the world and includes such distinguished brands as Gray's Anatomy, The Lancet and Cell. Using innovative technology, we deliver our content through tools that help our customers be more productive and successful in their work. ScienceDirect delivers the worlds' leading journals electronically to over 11 million readers in 200 countries. And physicians in 95 percent of teaching hospitals rely on MD Consult to get critical information that can save lives. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.