|Publication or Company
||Advertising Agency, Magazine Publishing
||401K/403B, Dental, Flexible Hours, Health
||San Antonio, TX
||Pace Communications, one of the largest content marketing agencies in the country, is now accepting resumes for a Digital Editor to develop, assign and edit consumer finance content for a Fortune 500 financial services company’s communications program.
We’re looking for a seasoned editor to develop, assign and edit a wide range of consumer-finance content. In this position, you’ll be helping consumers make some of life’s most important decisions. You’ll be editing articles that cover topics ranging from retirement planning and home financing to saving for college and starting a job search. This position requires a solid grounding in consumer finance—so you’ll instinctively know what’s most important to tell readers in articles about insuring a new car, evaluating a retirement portfolio or saving for college. In addition to creating new content, you’ll also be evaluating and updating a rich library of existing consumer-finance content.
While you’ve most likely proven yourself at a major consumer brand, you’re ideally also familiar with content marketing, and in creating branded content. You’ll be part of a growing team that’s creating a wide range of content for multiple print and digital channels. Of greatest importance for this position is that you’re a fast and accurate editor with consumer-finance expertise—plus curiosity about a wide range of related topics. You’re also highly diplomatic, and you’re adept at building and strengthening client relationships.
You should have a deep contact list of seasoned consumer finance writers and subject-matter experts.
You should be familiar with the day-to-day workflow of digital editorial processes, and ideally you’ve worked in a dynamic and integrated content publishing environment.
• Assign and edit a wide range of consumer finance content.
• Develop and maintain content calendars based on a variety of inputs, from client objectives to research, member feedback and metrics.
• Writes engaging headlines
• Participate in content strategy and planning, publishing new content several times a week.
• Makes assignments to freelance and staff writers; edits, enters edit and client changes, and takes projects through editorial production.
• Manage and prioritize content creation workload, including identifying the best writer for each assignment.
• Ensures that content always supports the client’s brand and objectives.
• Guides writers on client’s brand, tone and style guidelines, and editorial philosophy.
• Reviews and utilizes existing content from other channels
• Works in collaboration with other team members, including account executive and art director, on brainstorming ideas.
• Follows industry news and shares information with group.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, or related field
• Experience 5+ years of experience as writer/editor in a fast-paced digital environment. Subject-matter expertise in consumer finance.
• Skills: Organized editor, writer, web researcher and interviewer, independent worker, proficient in all Microsoft Office programs, proficient in Adobe CS5 and InDesign, strong customer service/client relation skills.
|About Our Company
||Pace is a custom content marketing leader, producing multi-channel content that delivers results for a diverse client base. We work with some of North America's most successful brands — including Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, Southwest Airlines, USAirways, Verizon Wireless, Wells Fargo and Walmart. Our staff of more than 300 professionals consistently produces award-winning work in a variety of media, including magazines, digital, mobile content, catalogs, books, videos, and e-commerce solutions.