Senior Account Executive
|Publication or Company
||Marketing, Public Relations
New York, NY
||The Senior Account Executive works directly under the principals of the company and performs a wide range of duties including daily media relations, development of client programs, strategic planning and execution of publicity campaigns for a broad range of accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage multiple accounts simultaneously with a positive and proactive attitude
• Participate in account strategy
• Build and maintain strong relationships with media
• Develop creative story angles
• Secure print, broadcast (TV & radio) and digital press coverage
• Foster a stellar rapport with clients
• Write press releases, pitch letters, business plans
• Maintain an understanding of all categories of media, current events and pop culture
• Build and/or maintain relationships with key industry influencers.
• Identify key opportunities – events, speaking opportunities, strategic partnerships
Skills and Experience
• Ability to operate under high pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Sound understanding of Media Relations.
• Effective understanding of social media and how to apply them to leverage press coverage.
• Outcomes-oriented team player able to consistently meet or exceed team goals in collaborative environment.
• Ability to build excellent working relationship to attain goals.
• Self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative.
• Good judgment.
• Effective communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
• Able to deliver creative and innovative thoughts and ideas.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a variety of audiences.
• Proven ability to effectively source opportunities and contacts over the phone
• Proven ability to get past gatekeepers
• Strong research and relationship building skills
• Sound judgment in qualifying opportunities
• Proficiency in working with databases and spreadsheets
• Strong work ethic
• Ability to manage time effectively
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Self-driven, motivated & results oriented
• 3-5 years experience at a New York PR agency.
• Strong media contacts and excellent writing skills.
• Proven ability to manage accounts.
• Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality.
• Creative and energetic personality.
• B.S/B.A in public relations, marketing, business communications or related field.
|About Our Company
||BRANDSTYLE COMMUNICATIONS is a boutique, lifestyle Public Relations firm with bi-costal and global capabilities through our robust network of contacts inclusive of key decision-makers and influencers spanning a wide range of industries. We specialize in providing targeted strategy and results-driven campaigns at the highest level. Our team of known industry executives engineer a hands-on, ’360' approach to media relations across all sectors of arts and culture, hospitality, fashion, luxury, technology, entertainment, real estate, social media, home decor and business. We are your brand’s gatekeepers and the connection between an exceptional press program and an authentic end message to the consumer.