Intern For Writing Startup (unpaid; stipend)
|Publication or Company
||Advertising Agency, B2B Publishing, Corporate/Institutional/Technical Writing, Graphic Design/Art Direction, Internet/Online/New Media, Marketing, Other Publishing, Public Relations, Sales/Advertising Sales, Social Media, Web Development
||Flexible Hours, Telecommute Policy
||New York, NY
||Are you a driven self-starter? Love writing/journalism, marketing, or design? Crave experience at a fast-growing, early-stage NYC startup?
Our innovative content marketing agency, ProseMedia.com, creates quality content (e.g., blog posts, web copy, e-books) for businesses and nonprofits. But we also need help marketing our own service—which is where you come in.
Forget fetching lattes. Whether your passion’s blogging, tweeting, or designing pretty things, you’ll have a chance to put your creativity to good use—creating materials that help to promote our service and educate readers about new trends in marketing.
A stipend will be provided at the completion of the internship.
DURATION: Four month minimum commitment
HOURS: Typically 10 to 20 hours per week (depending on your availability); full-time internship option also available for summer months
LOCATION: Bleecker & Sullivan Streets (near NYU / Washington Square Park). Please note that as an early-stage startup, we operate out of a home office (with four to six employees and interns).
- Self-motivated and independent
- Highly disciplined and responsible
- Strong writing skills
WHAT YOU'LL GAIN:
- Possible course credit (must be discussed with your school)
- Skills training and entrepreneurial startup experience
- Ability to work directly with founder/CEO and receive mentorship
- Likely letter of recommendation
- Possible published clips for your portfolio
- Flexibility to set your own hours
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE...
- Write witty, instructional posts for our marketing blog
- Write e-books and other educational resources
- Edit and format blog posts (via WordPress)
SOCIAL MEDIA PROJECTS:
- Craft well-written updates for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, G+, etc.
- Initiate exchanges with individual followers
- Help build our following across platforms
- Find and participate in relevant conversations around the web
- Research potential clients and gather contact information
- Customize outreach emails
- Scout out new marketing opportunities and prospects
- PR duties: build a media list of journalists, contact publications about guest blogging
GRAPHIC DESIGN PROJECTS:
- Design images with inspirational quotes (with Photoshop)
- Design layout for newsletters, e-books, and other materials
- Expand our presence on Pinterest and Facebook
- Develop any related skills (e.g., illustrating, animating, video editing)
ABOUT PROSE MEDIA
Prose Media LLC (www.prosemedia.com) is a top writing service for businesses and nonprofits. A fast-growing content marketing agency based in New York City, our mission is to rewrite the world of content, helping brands succeed with high-quality custom writing. Clients around the world range from small startups to Fortune 500 companies. Solutions include blog posts, social media updates, white papers, newsletters, and website copy.
Twitter: @prose / www.twitter.com/prose
|About Our Company
||Based in Manhattan, Prose Media LLC (prosemedia.com) is an innovative content writing service for businesses, helping to usher in the future of branded journalism.