Operations & Finance Associate
|Publication or Company
||Advertising Agency, Marketing, Office Management
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Health
Bookkeeping / Financial Reporting
• Work directly with management to promptly assess and process administrative and related accounting matters.
• Responsible for all booking functions (using QuickBooks), including creating and monitoring: AP, AR, GL, bank recs, trial balance, taxes and payroll.
• Generate company invoices, process payments and vendor bills.
• Maintain expense-reporting process and ensure timely recording and client invoicing.
• Coordinate with external accountant; particularly in tax planning and filing returns.
• Provide accurate accounting reports.
Please note: Thorough knowledge of bookkeeping and facility with QuickBooks (Premier Professional Services) a key aspect of this role.
• Assist in posting job opportunities, assessing resumes and meeting possible new team members.
• Coordinate and assist with the onboarding of new hires and interns.
• Process all required benefits paper work on the behalf of the employees.
• Maintain and monitor employees paid time off.
• Elevate new employee onboarding process (including welcome deck, training, tools, celebration).
• Organize culture and team-building activities for staff (outings, BBMG’s sacred bundle…)
• Develop and manage in-house professional development training sessions (“BBMG University” and/or guess speaker sessions).
• Grow BBMG intern program and participation (summer and year-round).
• Serve as first contact for general phone inquiries and visitors.
• Work with staff in scheduling and meeting organization.
• Manage office upkeep, including purchasing of office equipment, supplies, overseeing deliveries and troubleshooting.
• Maintain office maintenance and efficiency by being proactive and anticipating needs.
• Work on special ad hoc projects as needed.
• Server as front line for trouble shooting IT issues.
• Liaise with BBMG’s outside technology support, as necessary.
• Share administrative duties in our web-based project management interface, Function Fox.
• Contact database management (Salesforce, Constant Contact and CSV files).
• Create all accounts and access passwords for new hires (emails, server, PM system, phones).
• 1+ yr of full charge bookkeeping and 2+ yrs of administrative experience required.
• Full knowledge of all aspects of accounting for a small business including payables, receivables and tax-related issues.
• Billing/invoicing experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Superior organizational and planning skills.
• Unfaltering attention to detail.
• Demonstrated ability to manage time, prioritize daily activities and multi-task.
• The ability to work both independently with little supervision as well as in a team environment.
• Exudes a positive and professional demeanor.
• Ability to learn and work in a fast-paced and growing environment.
• Desire to come up with creative solutions to challenges or areas of improvement.
• Previous experience with marketing/advertising agencies a plus.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with QuickBooks (Premier Professional) and Mac-based Microsoft Office.
• College degree preferred.
|About Our Company
||Founded in 2003, New York-based BBMG is a globally recognized brand innovation firm dedicated to creating disruptive business solutions and delightful brand experiences that help clients drive revenue and positive social impact. By integrating branding with sustainability expertise and innovation strategies, BBMG helps organizations identify growth opportunities, forge new markets, create new brands and drive real culture change. Recent clients include adidas, eBay, Eileen Fisher, Johnson & Johnson, L’Oréal Paris, MillerCoors, PepsiCo and Target. For more background and a copy of the firm’s latest research report, Rethinking Consumption: Consumers and the Future of Sustainability, please visit http://www.bbmg.com/