|Publication or Company
Bottom Line Publications
||Book Publishing, Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing, Marketing, Other Publishing, Web Development
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Dental, Health
||We are currently seeking a Sr. Manager/Director of Email Marketing who will own email performance for Bottom Line Publications. He/she should be a metrics driven, hands-on team leader who will seek to improve upon KPIs through testing, optimization, and creativity.
• Lead team in daily execution of email campaign sends to BL subscriber base, ensuring on-time and accurate delivery to customer segments
• Partner with BL editorial and marketing groups to ensure subject line and content best practice
• Work with internal operations, advertising, merchandise, creative, and planning teams to maximize impact of campaigns
• Manage subscriber database including; creating and updating lists, segmentation based on email activity and customer lifecycle, international targeting, and maintaining sales goals
• Lead the business with email best practice, communicating with key stakeholders, and using these tactics to drive strong results from email
• Develop and implement a testing strategy to improve email performance and guide email technology projects
• Maintain and enhance user experience in email communications across desktop and mobile devices, leading our transition to Responsive Design and full 1-to-1 customized conversations
• Maintain knowledge of IP reputation, inbox delivery metrics, and 3rd party technologies to track and mitigate any risk
• Monitor list growth, email KPIs, and subscriber engagement to ensure that traffic and revenue goals are met
• Contribute to email performance reporting, analyzing results, and developing strategic recommendations that will drive business growth
• A bachelor’s degree, preferably in Marketing, Business or related field
• 3+ years of email marketing experience preferably in an mixed editorial / ecommerce / direct response role
• Knowledge of key email fundamentals; CAN-SPAM compliance, deliverability, spam complaint rates, etc.
• Fluency with modern responsive HTML, CSS, Photoshop, CMS with the ability to code, edit and troubleshoot
• Experience with top ESPs, their systems and APIs. Silverpop a plus.
• Strategic acumen coupled with a high attention to detail and the ability to audit his/her own work for accuracy and quality
• Experience with email automation, including development of lifecycle programs, triggered messages, and integration with other web platforms.
• The ability to work independently, be self-motivated and results-oriented but still be an excellent team player with a strong level of service
• Proven analytical and quantitative skills including a strong understanding of editorial and ecommerce metrics
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment that requires the ability to multi-task and implement high priority initiatives
• Exceptional written and verbal communication, planning, and project management skills with individuals at both peer and management levels
• Excellent presentation skills as well as proficiency in MS Excel
• Experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics tool
|About Our Company
||Bottom Line Publications is a veteran publisher of expert health and wealth advice, transitioning into a modern digital media company. Our brands, such as the Bottom Line Personal Newsletter and BottomLinePublications.com, collectively reach over 1 million email, print and web readers monthly, targeting a mature and demanding audience, online and offline, through content and commerce.