Blue State Digital is seeking a Creative Director eager to do meaningful and innovative work on behalf of our clients and their causes.
We’re looking for a collaborative, digitally oriented leader with proven chops in online advocacy and fundraising. You will know how to generate compelling email subject lines, and how to troubleshoot poor donation userflows. You'll have raised money for leading non-profits, or motivated supporters to advocate on behalf of important causes. You'll be a fount of creative inspiration, fresh thinking, and good judgment, and will protect our clients from tired tactics, hackneyed stunts, and meaningless glitz.
In this job, you'll be responsible for rallying teams to do great work across websites, digital communications, and campaigns. You’ll lead client presentations and internal teams, and collaborate with email copywriters and social media strategists, visual designers and information architects, web developers and video producers.
You know you’re right for this job if you’ve worked for great causes but felt limited by institutional inertia. Prior agency experience is helpful, but if you've only worked for brands, you're not what we're looking for at the moment.
- • Lead clients and the internal teams through the creative process, from the initial client engagement through final delivery.
- • Accountable for the overall quality, consistency, and innovation of audience-facing digital platforms, websites, communications, and content on assigned projects and scopes.
- • Accountable for client satisfaction regarding creative work on assigned projects.
- • Engage in hands-on concept creation and brainstorming with internal teams. Speak the language of creative teams (design, content, UX, email, social media, video). Facilitate and motivate diverse and talented colleagues.
- • Demonstrate impeccable judgment and attention to detail, and develop work that reflects BSD’s approach and point of view.
- • Serve as senior role model within the company. Mentor members of the assigned project teams. Help identify, hire, and retain designers, copywriters, and other creatives. Foster a collaborative creative environment within the company.
- • Excellent communication and problem-solving skills. Ability to clearly articulate messaging, design, content, or experience related dilemmas, and offer multiple solutions, for both internal and external audiences.
- • Excellent presentation skills. Ability to persuasively and enthusiastically explain the reasons behind a particular creative solution or approach, and guide clients through difficult decision points.
- • 4-year degree in your creative specialization.
- • 6+ years agency experience.
- • Expert level Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign).
- • Expert level Apple Keynote & Pages.
- • Expert knowledge of digital activation campaigns (fundraising, marketing, messaging, brand engagement, advertising).
- • Detailed knowledge of typography, color, and photography both on and offline.
- • Detailed understanding of copywriting, persuasion, social influence, and user experience for the web.
- • Patient but firm monitor-side manner with creatives.
- • Humble in victory, constructive in defeat.