|Publication or Company
||Book Publishing, Internet/Online/New Media, Marketing, Other Publishing
||Description The Business Insurance (BI) Marketing Manager has a direct role in supporting the business’ sales & profitability growth. This includes revenue derived from marketers/advertisers and audience revenue. The BI product line-up includes publications, web-site/other digital properties, conferences & research/data. Business Insurance plans growth in all product areas – especially non-publication products – and expects to bring new products to market, over time, including customized customer programs and content marketing services to marketing/advertising customers.
The Marketing Manager must be experienced in brand management and skilled in developing marketing strategies & campaigns to support the business’ growth. This is a “hands-on” position who can direct others or simply execute when required. Key relationships are: Publisher, Associate Publisher/Online General Manager, Advertising Sales Director, Audience Marketing Director, Director of Research, Director of Events & Associate Publisher-Marketing & Conferences of P&I.
• Plan marketing and branding objectives for BI based on business goals and financial targets.
• Expand product solutions and offerings.
• Lead innovative and customer-centric thinking across BI.
• Prepare marketing strategies alongside other company executives and staff.
• Gather and analyze customer insight.
• Gain full understanding of the commercial risk and insurance market place, including the major customer segments as well as the ecosystem of underwriters, brokers and consultants who serve these market segments. Use this knowledge to propose business development and product development initiatives.
• Prepare and adhere to budgets.
• Prepare promotional programs, timelines and campaign budgets – and manage these effectively. This includes the oversight of collateral, print and digital promotion development, for BI.
• Ensure that the BI brand USP/positioning is clear and that brand messages are consistent, in all materials and communications channels.
• Nurture and enrich all external perceptions of the company and the BI brand – driving to increased market-share as well as supporting the premium pricing BI deserves.
• Organize and direct BI’s effective use of social media in order to enhance mindshare, engagement and audience development for the brand.
• Take calculated risks based on data-driven analysis and an eye on ROI.
• Cultivate relationships within Crain Communications – especially P&I – to take advantage of company resources, as available, and to apply “best practices” on behalf of BI.
Requirements • BA or equivalent, plus minimum 5-7 years of marketing. Publishing or agency experience; a magazine/publishing background is not required, but would be helpful.
• Exceptional integrated campaign development and execution skills; particularly experience in and knowledge of digital marketing and social media.
• An understanding of customer databases and how to leverage databases and e-mail lists for communication and promotion, as well as for gaining customer insight.
• Possess a fine balance of creative acumen and strategic thinking. Be able to process new information quickly. Be nimble and flexible in an ever-changing economy and business environment. Foster and support positive change within BI.
• Understands the fundamentals of communication planning, including the consumer lifecycle, the value of brand building and engagement, and the role of channel development to effectively drive results.
• Must be an effective communicator both in written and spoken word. Copywriting skills are a plus.
• Familiarity with print and online research (e.g., MRI, MMR, @plan, comScore, etc.); proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel. Should be familiar with Marketo, which is used at BI for lead-generation programs for the advertising, conferences and audience development team.
• Team player who is comfortable openly contributing new ideas
About Business Insurance
We offer and will foster an increasingly entrepreneurial environment where people are encouraged to manage their categories creatively and independently. Further, BI comprises:
• A lean management structure allowing for growth opportunities, based on the BI team’s ability to grow the company’s topline and profit.
• A family friendly company that is sensitive to our employees’ domestic needs.
• A competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment.
Business Insurance is the authoritative news and information source for executives concerned about risk and the impact on their business. With information for risk managers, benefits managers, insurers, brokers and other providers of insurance products and services, Business Insurance delivers in-depth analysis on new and emerging risks, case studies of successful programs, market intelligence on trends, and guidance on how to capitalize on opportunities and overcome challenges. Business Insurance covers core risk management and insurance areas such as property/casualty insurance, health insurance, captive insurance and other alternative risk transfer vehicles, and enterprise risk management.
Business Insurance provides in-depth coverage of specific industries such as health care, construction, transportation and energy. You will also read about the latest trends in specialty risks such as cyber liability, political risk, reputational risk and emerging risks such as green energy and fracking. We also cover workers compensation and a spectrum of topics within employee benefits such as legislative developments and wellness programs. We explore the technology and processes that facilitate the management of risk and the delivery of insurance products and services. Business Insurance covers the operational and strategic concerns of brokers, insurers, reinsurers and consultants for the industry.
About Crain Communications
Crain Communications Inc. is one of the largest privately-owned business publishers in the U.S. with over 25 leading business, trade and consumer titles in North America and Europe. As an authoritative source of vital news and information to industry leaders and consumers worldwide, each of the company's newspapers, magazines and electronic news sites have become required reading in their respective sector of business and consumer market. Providing unmatched value and award-winning editorial excellence, the company is respected for its dependable journalism which readers have relied upon for over 90 years.
We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications and invite you to visit our website as positions are updated regularly.
This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.
Crain Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.