Senior Email Marketing Manager
|Publication or Company
||Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing, Marketing
New York, NY
||Wenner Media is seeking a motivated Senior Email Marketing Manager with expertise using Exact Target to lead Wenner Media’s email acquisition and retention efforts to drive traffic across all three of its digital properties: Rolling Stone, Us Weekly, and Men’s Journal. The ideal candidate has experience and expertise in email marketing, is passionate about our brands/users, is willing to drive projects across the organization from conception through implementation, and is confident managing key internal stakeholders and external partners.
• Manage subscriber contact strategy and retention policies; develop and maintain processes and programs that maximize email traffic generation
• Manage overall email list health across all three brands and establish parameters/logic for list cleansing
• Partner with each brand to develop & execute engaging, dynamic editorial emails and marketing campaigns to optimize open rates, CTR, traffic and other key KPIs
• Develop segmentation & personalization strategies to increase engagement and get the right message to the right person at the right time.
• Champion email best practices and improvements with respect to the registration process itself, the unsubscribe/change preference process, messaging frequency, inbox deliverability, and more
• Manage A/B testing of new execution strategies (including but not limited to multivariate testing of subject lines, message content, offers) and communicate results + recommendations
• Drive actionable and relevant insights through the use of appropriate analytical methods including descriptive analysis, predictive models, and segmentation
• Develop competitive analyses/audits of CRM best practices and turn analysis into actionable insights that he/she will deploy in conjunction with other key stakeholders
• Serve as primary liaison with ESP + actively manage email vendor relationships to maximize their services and offerings
• Bachelor's degree required (BA/BS)
• 3-5 years minimum prior Email Marketing or CRM experience required, preferably with a media org, start-up, digital agency or internet retailer
• Experience and expertise working with ExactTarget required
• Solid understanding of CAN-SPAM requirements, HTML, email design best practices, and inbox deliverability
• Excellent attention to detail is essential; must be metrics-driven and results-oriented with demonstrated analytical skills and organization
• Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills required
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a cross-functional team
• Willing and able to adjust to changing demands and shifting priorities; grace under fire a must with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Familiarity with Google Analytics and standard digital metrics necessary
• Passion for all Wenner Media brands required; must especially be fluent in entertainment media
If you are interested, please apply at http://careers.wennermedia.com/1113/job and include a cover letter.
|About Our Company
||Wenner Media is the publisher of Rolling Stone, Us Weekly and Men's Journal brands.