Director of Public Relations & Strategic Marketing
|Publication or Company
||Internet/Online/New Media, Marketing
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Health, Profit-Sharing
New York, NY
||We're looking for a PR/Strategic Marketing Manager to work with our VP of Ecommerce and Content Director in developing PR and marketing plans that communicate key messages, promotes product and services and manages the reputation of the company-brand. The role includes creation and delivery of all marketing material and public relations using all forms of media and communications and building and maintaining key media relationships.
• Works with media planning agency to identify key media outlets; develop media relations strategy, and seek high-level placements in print, broadcast, outdoor, novelty and online media.
• Works with PR agency to speak the language of the brand in the line with the most advanced criteria of cross vision in the market.
• Develop compelling story angles.
• Cultivate relationships with key journalists with PR Agency.
• Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
• Build relationships with thought leaders to grow brand, product and industry awareness.
• Maintain an understanding of trends affecting company-brand and private labels and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
• Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
• Identify media trends, news cycles and un-tapped media opportunities.
• Manage calendar.
• Respond to information queries from media and the general public.
• Work with PR agency to write press releases and media kits as needed.
• Work with cross-functional teams in order to execute brand initiatives.
• Lead multiple projects and teams to achieve results.
• Manage budgets, campaign ROI and monitor spend against planned objectives.
• Manage public relations coverage monitoring tools, and analyzing and reporting on the results.
• Responsible for managing the workload and budget of the PR agency and media planning agency to success, using them to execute against strategies.
• 5+ years of PR experience in the US
• B.A. or equivalent 4-year degree
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Self-starter, entrepreneurial, ability to multi-task
• Proven track record in both traditional and interactive PR channels
• Proven track record supporting efforts to build external company awareness
• Proven and successful ability to manage a PR agency
• Competency within office programs, and PR tracking, monitoring and reporting tool
• Prior experience working in or with a high growth, technology based startup and/or a fashion/apparel brand
• Demonstrated budget management skills
• Strong work ethic
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Professional, confidence-inspiring demeanor and presence
• Proven, effective written and verbal communication skills
• Positive - achievement-oriented attitude; is able to deal well with stress and frustration
• Able to act decisively; know when to ring the bell and request assistance
• Takes ownership of actions and results
• Thrives in a startup environment where no task is too small
|About Our Company
||Shopping for a swimsuit isn’t most people’s idea of a good time—but we think it should be. Meet swimsuitsforall, a cutting-edge, rapidly growing e-retailer that specializes in high-quality, fashion-forward swimwear for sizes 8 and up. We live and breathe swimwear, but we’re even more passionate about offering women the most satisfying and enjoyable shopping experience. Our business was founded in 2005 on a commitment to offering superior customer service, and nine years later, it remains our number-one focus.
Since we’re a young company, we’re anything but stuck in our ways. Our work culture values and nurtures curiosity, innovation, creativity, and autonomy. Our team is already twenty strong and we’re continuing to expand.