Director of Account Services
|Publication or Company
||Bonuses, Dental, Health
New York, NY
||The Director of Account Services is the person to whom the account team looks for support, guidance, and counsel, and to whom clients look to as the agency’s representative. The ideal Director of Account Services is a highly passionate, collaborative, outgoing, creative oriented leader.
This position is responsible for driving the client’s overall strategic direction and is tasked with being a marketing partner for the senior clients. The Director of Account Services must be an expert in the clients’ businesses and be the clear leader on all business with the clients and within the agency. This individual is responsible for identifying business opportunities and solutions on a regular basis. The Director of Account Services sets the tone for how the account is managed by assuring focus on key client objectives and delivering appropriate resources while maintaining profitability.
The Director of Account Services must demonstrate solid business judgment and sound strategic thinking, and will work under the direction of the President, supervising Account Managers/Supervisors on various agency accounts, utilizing digital, TV, out of home, and print media.
Position Reports To: President
• Provide Strategic and Marketing Leadership
o Works with clients to uncover business needs and objectives, craft appropriate strategies, and identifies/implements products to help achieve client goals.
o Create and interpret effective analysis to support marketing recommendations.
o Develop broad industry expertise.
• Build and Grow Client Relationships
o Understand clients' business and generate new ideas to enhance client performance.
o Build trust, credibility, and client referrals.
o Develop multi-tiered agency-client relationships and ties.
• Effectively Manage Team
o Manage a team of three to five marketing professionals
o Foster teamwork and a constructive work environment.
o Provide team leadership that rewards creativity and proactive thinking
• Manage Financial Performance
o Achieve client targets within the context of the underlying opportunity.
o Maintain or improve account profitability.
o Work with President and business development team to develop new client sales proposals.
• Contribute to the Firm
o Balance client demands with participation in broader agency initiatives.
• Represent the agency in new business pitch meetings and presentations
o Responsible for final proofing on new business pitch documents and agency capabilities presentations
• Responsible for final proofing on research and competitive media landscapes, sales analyses and industry updates
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor degree from a 4 year college
• Approximately 7+ years of related industry experience, preferably brand or direct marketing experience at an advertising agency or client company, or product management at a client company
• Direct experience with and working knowledge of media planning/buying particularly Digital, TV, Outdoor and Print media
• A background in fashion and entertainment and/or managing fashion and entertainment client(s)
DISCIPLINE SPECIFIC SKILLS:
• Demonstrated track record of client relationship development and service
• Proven experience in managing teams working cross-functionally within an organization
• Proven participation in management and training of account team personnel, and ensuring account team members are challenged and developing their skill set
• Strong knowledge or experience in account management/coordination, client/campaign strategy, and budget planning
• Able to meet strict deadlines and juggle multiple projects across multiple clients
• Exceptional overall communication abilities with all levels of employees, including excellent writing and personal presentation skills
• Experience creating and presenting new business pitches to the highest organizational level
• Experience collaborating with finance and management to draft, negotiate and reconcile client agreements, ensuring proper team resource management and adherence to contract terms
• Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and InDesign
• Proficient in the use Media Research Tools (Comscore, Kantar, MRI, Social Listening Tools, Nielsen)
|About Our Company
||MODCo Media is in the business of communication. We integrate strategic planning and media buying with creative solutions across all platforms.
THe marketplace is vast and continually expanding. Customer behavior is transformative. We understand and anticipate how users interact with traditional and emerging media platforms.
We make the process of brand positioning simple. We build advertising solutions based on the fundamentals of research, innovation and rigorous analytics. Whether launching new brands or opening new markets for existent brands, MODCo media provides clients increased market share and ROI.