Digital Ad Operations Specialist
|Publication or Company
||Advertising Agency, Book Publishing, Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing
Remote or Midtown Manhattan, NY
||Would you like doing more than just digital ad trafficking? Are you excited by change and the ability to be part developing processes and best practices? Do you want to take ownership of projects and drive forward to completion? Are you comfortable working in imperfect situations? Do you want to build relationships with the publishers you support, rather than just being a cost center? If you answered yes to these questions and have experience with digital ad trafficking, you should definitely apply.
Digital advertising is a growing business for Crain and it is important to the revenue growth of the company. It is important that our digital advertising fulfillment is done efficiently, with very high quality, and utilizing processes that are scalable for the future. We are looking for a team member to help achieve these team goals.
Remote Based Opportunity!
• Implementing and ongoing monitoring of online ad trafficking for Crain properties and newsletters, using Xaxis for Publishers (OAS), AdMarvel, mOcean, Saxotech. Including: request/receipt of advertising creative from internal teams, creative testing, creative upload, applying rich media templates/rules, and targeting.
• 3rd party reporting verification/validation, auditing accuracy of trafficking processes and review of reporting to identify any potential issues and troubleshoot as necessary.
• Produce and publish pacing reports and other ad hoc reports as needed.
• Make optimization recommendation and fulfill on optimizations as required.
• Understanding of advertising products and all relevant specs, guidelines and sales rules.
• Ensure campaigns adhere to creative, technical, product and legal specifications.
• Outsource tasks, monitor partner for adherence to process and policy and QA work at completion.
• Generation of publisher ad tags for site tagging.
• Create and maintain strong working partnerships with our publications, keeping them apprised of status or any issues that could impact their business, providing POVs and SME perspective as applicable.
• Work with publisher digital teams, publisher sales teams, solutions vendors, and other internal teams as applicable regarding any creative, trafficking or reporting issues.
• Work closely the various publications regarding the strategy, development and testing of new and revised ad products.
• Participate in process development and optimization for the Ad Ops team. Owning projects and driving change as needed.
• Develop and ensure ad ops process documentation is current and accurate.
• Work closely with the other members of the team to help prioritize and balance daily fulfillment tasks, responsibilities and functions.
• Evaluate and onboard vendors as needed to support publisher and efficiency improvement for ad operations functions
• Responsible for reporting ad performance metrics, aggregate site and Crain metrics.
• Responsible for creation of billing reports as assigned for accounting.
• Responsible for producing daily ad ops reports to help manage and prioritize work tasks.
• Train other members of ad operations and publisher teams as needed.
• Minimal overnight travel.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.