The American Advertising Federation has announced the judging panel for their 2014 American Advertising Awards, “the largest competition honoring excellence in advertising creativity.” Judges will review nearly 1,500 entries from all over the country in Washington, D.C. on April 25 and 26, choosing from finalists who have already won in 15 district-level competitions. Remote judging will be supervised by Mark Landon, president of the Landon Agency in Los Angeles, and Kirk Kirkpatrick, group creative director at Trozzolo Communications Group in Overland Park, Kansas City. Winners will be honored at the American Advertising Awards ceremony on May 31st, during the final day of ADMERICA 2014, the AAF’s annual national conference. Keep reading following the break for the list of judges.
The judging panel includes:
- Stephen Curry, creative director at Lewis Communications in Birmingham, Ala.
- Mary Dean, chief creative officer of KickSkirt in Austin, Tex.
- Sue DeSilva, senior vice president at Hill Holiday in Boston, Mass.
- Reid Holmes, executive creative director and executive vice president at Campbell Mithun, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Tug McTighe, vice president and executive creative director at Callahan Creek in Kansas City, Mo.
- Julie Melle, senior vice president and group creative director at Publicis in Dallas, Tex.
- Shanteka Sigers, executive creative director at Sanders Wingo, Austin, Tex.
They will join 10 reviewers who have already begun online judging of digital advertising:
- Brian Dooley, senior VP and director of integrated production, Leo Burnett Worldwide, Detroit
- Tony Sharpe, executive creative director, Moxie, Columbus, Ohio
- Suzanne Michaels, executive creative director, Critical Mass, Chicago
- Matt Fera, creative director, Digitas, Chicago
- Patrick McHugh, creative director, Razorfish, Austin, Tex.
- Don Dunbar, associate creative director, gyro, Chicago
- Adam Wilson, executive creative director, McGarry Bowen, Chicago
- Simeon Roane, group creative director, Razorfish, Portland, Ore.
- Rich Toltzman, creative director, Doner, Detroit
- Kathy Speck, creative director, Commonwealth Advertising, Detroit
- Mercedes-Benz to Create New European Unit; BBDO Wins China Business
- McKinney Wins CarMax
- Wednesday Morning Stir
- Tuesday Odds and Ends