As a Wisconsin man, the “Happy Cows Come From California” campaign has always irked me. What, California, are you suggesting OUR cows aren’t happy? Sure, they might be a little fatter, a little more lethargic, and may or may not experience what some would deem “alcoholism,” but does that mean they’re sad? NO! At least they aren’t smug little overly vain California cows, with their hybrid cars and over-sized sunglasses.
Well, apparently no one else believed this silly “happiness” claim, as the California Milk Advisory Board seems to have dropped their completely untrue tagline in this new spot from Deutsch LA. Instead, the CMAB cares not about cows’ feelings, but rather focuses on how a cow and its milk function as part of your nuclear family. As we can see, cows enjoy singing off-key renditions of Cher Lloyd’s “Swagger Jagger” under the helm of director Fred “Kevin from The Wonder Years” Savage. Yes, it’s a bit more in-your-face that Deutsch’s introduction to the “Make Up Part of Your Family” campaign. But, if there’s one way to convince your Californian family to drink milk, you might as well do it with shrill noises that your kids will absolutely love. Credits after the jump.
Chief Creative Officer: Mark Hunter
• Group Creative Director: Karen Costello
• Creative Director: Jeff Bossin
• Creative Director: Scott Hidinger
• Senior Copywriter: Melissa Langston-Wood
• Senior Art Director: Sara Oakley
• Director of Integrated Production: Vic Palumbo
• Director of Broadcast Production: Victoria Guenier
• Senior Producer: Dave Stephenson
• Senior Producer: Scarlett Butler
Production Company Credits and Address:
- Momentum Worldwide, Budweiser Remind You That 'Friends Are Waiting'
- twofifteenmccann Unveils Trailer for 'The Un-Filmable Game'
- Diet Coke Moves Up a Class with Droga5
- Popchips and Dandelion Feel Awkward Together