Happy Friday the 13th, the second of three we’ll be enjoying during the last year of Earth’s existence! If you’ll recall, on Friday, January 13th, Minneapolis-based shop Campbell Mithun announced the 2012 edition of its “Lucky 13 Internship,” a contest where applicants from around the country to apply for an coveted summer internship using only 13 tweets.
From nearly 400 applicants from 33 states, 16 countries and 103 colleges/universities, Campbell Mithun has selected its winners/Twitter handles:
1. Dennis Bukowski (@DennisBukowski), art director, University of Nebraska
2. Laura Fitzpatrick (@_Lfitzpatrick_), account planning, University of Minnesota
3. Marlena Jordan-Childress (@LenaChild), media, University of Minnesota
4. Cody Levin (@CodyLevin), account planning, University of St. Thomas
5. Sofia Morales (@sofiml2), account management, University of North Carolina
6. Laura Romer (@rahrahromer), copywriter, University of Texas, Austin
7. Michael Santee (@MichaelSantee), media, Drake University
8. Amy Zhong, media, University of California – Berkeley (Amy joins the team via the 4A’s Multicultural Advertising Internship Program)
Congrats to the winners, and enjoy your Minneapolis experience. Congrats is also due to Cornerstone, a local non-profit that will be receiving pro bono work from the agency as the social media winner of a cause-marketing effort that was new to the Lucky 13 Intership this year. Hear from three of the internship winners on Campbell Mithun’s blog here.
- Translation Dives Into Summer for Champs
- Pereira & O’Dell New York Adds New Head of Production
- You Will Now Have to Use Snapchat Because Teenagers
- New Presidents at McCann Europe and DigitasLBi Boston-Detroit