-JWT North America president/chief integration officer Mike Geiger, DDB Worldwide CCO Amir Kassaei and Havas CCO Jason Peterson have joined the Executive Jury of the 2013 New York Festivals International Advertising Awards. link
-Commercial production companies Tomboy and Looking Glass Films have formed an alliance for mutual representation, thus bringing together a directorial roster including David Mamet, Roman Polanski, Renny Harlin, Danny Boyle and more. EP June Guterman presides Looking Glass Films, whose roster will be represented in the UK by Tomboy Films, overseen by MDs Glynis Murray and Barnaby Spurrier.
- Robert “Bobbie” Boucher (real name, we believe) has joined El Segundo, CA-based David&Goliath as director of digital delivery & technology.
-To set the mood for the cold, dark end of day, here’s a new campaign from NYC strategic creative agency YARD, which enlisted Jimmy Page and American musician Gary Clark Jr. to help promote the John Varvatos spring/summer line (above).
-Just a reminder that Target’s Twitter-based “Everyday Collection” event an actual online runway show from Minneapolis-based mono that’s inspired by people’s everyday tweets, will come to fruition this Thursday, Jan. 24. link
-The folks behind eTail have announced the finalists for their 2013 “Best in Class” Awards, which takes place in Palm Desert, CA from Feb. 25-28. link
-WDCW has brought on six-year Creature vet Ramon Vasquez as a senior designer.
-After the jump, if interested, you can check out the final round jury lineup for the 2013 Health Effies, which will determine winners in these six categories.
-Chair: Thomas Kolaras, VP, U.S. CNS Patient and Branding Strategy,
Otsuka America Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- David Chapman, Managing Partner, Ogilvy CommonHealth Worldwide
- Helene Ellison, Chair, Global Healthcare Practice, Burson Marstellar
- Tim Hawkey, EVP, Managing Director, Executive Creative Director, Area 23
- Leslie North, VP, Women¹s HealthCare Marketing, GlaxoSmithKline
- Adrienne Ross, VP, Early Oncology, Global Commercialization,
- Andrew Schirmer, EVP, Managing Director, McCann HumanCare
- Rebecca Sroge, GM, Marketing Communications & Operations, AbbVie
- Dale Taylor, President and CEO, AbelsonTaylor
- Bill Yorio, EVP, Managing Director, DraftFCB Healthcare
- Thursday Odds and Ends
- CP+B Appoints Replacement for Hopenwasser
- Thursday Morning Stir
- Wednesday Odds and Ends