|Publication or Company
National Academy for State Health Policy
||Conferences/Events, Internet/Online/New Media, Marketing, Non-profit, online community engagement strategies, Social Media
||401K/403B, Dental, Health
||Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Developing and implementing community engagement, marketing, and online tactics.
• Creating and managing content on social media tools.
• Coordinating with and training NASHP policy staff to help manage online community.
• Utilization and analysis of community metrics and identification of user trends.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or marketing preferred.
• 6 years of direct experience, examples of social media work.
• Work experience in the non-profit or policy sectors.
• Healthcare knowledge.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite products.
• Proven writing and editing abilities, strong organizational skills, and excellent oral communication ability required.
• Passion for the potential of online communities and engaging a vibrant online community of peers and experts.
• Experience evaluating the effectiveness of site content and identifying emerging user needs.
• Macintosh computer experience preferred.
General All-Staff Requirements
• Actively participates in strategic planning.
• Create and sustain positive working relationships with diverse staff and constituencies.
• Works with supervisor to assess ongoing professional development needs and takes initiative to implement resulting development plan.
• Participates in staff meetings.
• Works with others to coordinate organization-wide communication and problem solving.
• Supports and complies with the organization’s philosophy, policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
|About Our Company
The National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP) is an independent academy of state health policy makers working together to identify emerging issues, develop policy solutions, and improve state health policy and practice. NASHP provides a forum for constructive, nonpartisan work across branches and agencies of state government on critical health issues facing states. We are a non-profit, non-partisan organization dedicated to helping states achieve excellence in health policy and practice. NASHP has offices in Portland, Maine and Washington DC. For additional information on NASHP, visit www.nashp.org.
The National Academy for State Health Policy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.