|Publication or Company
||Advertising Agency, Internet/Online/New Media, Marketing, Social Media
||New York, NY
||The MTV marketing team is committed to delivering innovative communications strategies that leverage the power of the whole company through integrated campaigns spanning all business levels and marketing channels.
All members of the marketing department are expected to develop a broad understanding of the business as a whole and collaborate wherever possible.
The candidate will work directly with the Sr Director of International Property Marketing and the Sr Manager Digital Media to develop ambitious, innovative and successful digital and social marketing campaigns for MTV shows, tent pole events and other priority content opportunities.
We are seeking a youth expert who is in step with our audiences’ habits and behaviors; their relationships, aspirations, concerns, interests and media habits. The candidate will have a proven track record in successfully driving the strategic planning, implementation and delivery of digital marketing campaigns across all platforms.
The candidate identifies opportunities to engage with our audience across all touch points (online, mobile, social, multi-platform VOD) of the MTV audience, increasing traffic, positively contributing to MTV’s brand awareness and driving ratings for series and events.
Liaise and manage relationship with the US domestic, international, cluster and local digital and social teams.
- Development and execution of multiplatform elements of marketing campaigns for series and events in the service of driving engagement on linear and digital platforms
- Encourage and drive conversation on social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and other relevant platforms (communities, blogs, seeding content into social applications, etc.)
- Identify and develop new audiences for MTV content and brand
- Create, plan and develop campaign ideas on existing and emerging social networks and digital platforms
- Coordination with stakeholders across brand for successful execution of marketing campaigns; demonstrating social media best practices in the process.
- Create social messaging for campaigns and/or coach local editors to craft in line with campaign strategy
- Build active brand ambassador network to connect with and engage our target group with our brands
- Develop and evaluate effective benchmarks for measuring social marketing impact of social media, and analyse, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Regularly communicate insights gained into local and global Marketing, Press, Content, Social and Digital teams
- Monitor emerging trends in social media platforms, tools and applications
- Liaise and coordinate with regional digital media and marketing teams to ensure effective roll out of glocal marketing strategies
- Explore and establish partnerships in the service of compelling integrated marketing: Consumer companies, social media platforms, digital marketing agencies, paid marketing firms, etc. in tandem with the product development team
- Work with external vendors in the strategy development, ideation and execution of key marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with Communications and Talent and Music teams to determine and execute cohesive communication strategy for key initiatives
- Maintain Search Engine Optimization strategies on regional and global levels
- Years of experience: 3-5 years of relevant digital/interactive work experience creating and managing successful digital marketing campaigns
- Bachelor degree required
- Specific language needs: Written and spoken fluency in English
- Highly creative with ability to create strong digital media campaign and audience engagement ideas
- Experienced in creating content for social platforms
- Strong communicator with significant social skills
- Project management skills and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Able to get things done.
- Proven track record of creating and executing successful digital/social marketing campaigns
- Proficient with social media platforms in a business environment, including metrics and mechanics for each platform, as well as third-party social tools, measurements and mechanics
- Solid understanding of entertainment media landscape.
- A keen understanding of MTV audience voice and trends
- Familiarity with product development and technical marketing execution
- Interest in international marketing and working across cultures and markets
Specific other needs:
- The Sr Social Marketing Manager needs to be dedicated to engaging our audience in a two-way conversation through various marketing means--this is not about broadcasting a marketing message, this is about cultivating a dialogue to develop our audience.
- Good commercial understanding (digital monetization)
- Good technical understanding and the ability to quickly understand tools
|About Our Company
||MTV is the world’s largest television network and one of the best known youth brands. Our network reaches over 520 million households in 160 territories throughout the world. MTV’s mission is to connect with our audience in a way that fuels their passions for music and challenges their thinking with the kind of fresh, relevant, risk-taking entertainment found nowhere else. It’s why we are the world’s most valuable media brand.