|Publication or Company
||B2B Publishing, Internet/Online/New Media, Magazine Publishing, Marketing, Other Publishing, Social Media, Web Development
||401K/403B, Dental, Flexible Hours, Health
||We are seeking a Digital Content Editor to oversee the daily management, curation, creation, and social distribution and management of a digital presence for a leading travel organization.
This position will direct the media brand’s digital presence, engaging with audience members and the product’s editorial team, creating and packaging content for the website, and serving as online community host to the brand’s current and targeted audience. This position will be located in our Washington, D.C. office.
Experience in consumer and b2b travel and destination journalism and content marketing required. The ability to speak and write in a second language, a love of the outdoors, and international travel writing experience a strong plus.
• Manage a staff of social journalists, web producer and a graphic artist to ensure digital site is creating must-read features, quizzes, listicles, postcards, videos, etc., all the while developing strong social media relationships, and continuing to innovate to beat the competition and enthrall the audience
• Create and manage a robust editorial calendar, across 10-15 content pillars, including inbound destination, travel theme, events, brand goals, outdoors activities, etc.
• Post content to the web in accordance with McMURRY/TMG SEO and social prep best practices
• Ensure digital products are quality, from every pixel to page view
• Scour the leading trend websites to aggregate, curate, and write stories for a daily website targeting inbound international travelers.
• Write and schedule posts on social media platforms and engage in real-time on behalf of the brand
• Aggregate and curate content from existing content sources; manage relationships with bloggers and videographers
• Monitor and engage with our audience on various social media platforms
• Develop and package new ideas to drive traffic to the website
• Oversee newsletter product in conjunction with a web producer
• Manage performance analytics of content, social platforms, email, and website
Successful candidates will have a passion and deep appreciation for:
You believe that compelling content lies at the heart of every digital experience. You’re a voracious reader—of blogs, books, and magazines, to be sure, but also of labels, catalogs, and packaging—but you know that the written word requires some finessing when it’s rendered across different channels. You know that the only thing better than a well-written story that’s been reported with integrity is one that has been packaged with intelligence.
You’ll be managing a team in which you will all be ambassadors to a global digital community. You will be tasked with attending conferences to bring cutting-edge and best-in-class digital knowledge into the organization. We’ll look to you to develop the big ideas that pique the interest of our audience members and the online franchises that shape the way we interact with them.
You know what it takes to earn clicks, authentically. You’re an eager student of SEO best practices, and you’re a whiz at Google Analytics. You understand that every editorial decision rests on a foundation of metrics.
Attention to Detail:
You know the difference between it’s and its, and you feel a tiny bit outraged every time you see them used incorrectly.
The Written Word:
Last but not least, you believe in the transformative power of great writing and powerful images—and you understand that a great sites reputation is only as good as its latest post. You’re dedicated to ensuring that the copy and content units you oversee passes quality control, be it a groundbreaking piece of reportage or witty quiz driven by smartly curated images. When you’re called on to create content, you’re skilled at reporting the story quickly and efficiently, without compromising its accuracy. You’re a great writer, a visually oriented storyteller, an astute editor, and a clever headline writer with a sixth sense for snappy copy and picking just the right photo for each article or new type of content.
In summary, we’re looking for someone with strong writing and organizational skills, familiarity with social media engagement and interaction, a yes attitude, and a love of the power of travel at home and across the world.
|About Our Company
||McMurry/TMG (mcmurrytmg.com) is the leading content marketing agency in the U.S., dedicated to delivering strategic, transformative brand experiences that engage customers and drive measurable results. Its 270 staff members are located in five offices in New York, Arizona and Washington, D.C., and they work together to help clients extend brands, boost engagement, build communities and deliver revenue through powerful content. Clients include industry leaders such as WebMD, Amtrak, CBS Television, The Ritz-Carlton, CDW, Reed Exhibitions, 21st Century Insurance, Verizon, HP and Baylor Health.