|Publication or Company
Collaborative Communications Group
||Non-profit, Public Relations, Social Media
||401K/403B, Bonuses, Telecommute Policy
||Collaborative Communications seeks a highly motivated individual with extensive public relations, communications and project management experience for our Associate Director, Media Services position.
This is a full-time position, based in our Washington, D.C. office.
The Associate Director, Media Services will:
• Develop effective media and social media strategies to meet client needs
• Translate strategies into clear action, including defining and managing team roles, timelines and work plans
• Conduct daily general and issue/client-specific monitoring of education trade, mainstream media outlets and relevant social media for K-12 education news and disseminate relevant findings to colleagues and clients as appropriate
• Build and sustain strong relationships with education trade and mainstream media outlets and reporters
• Conduct regular and targeted outreach to media outlets and reporters to promote the work of Collaborative’s clients
• Create and disseminate press releases, media advisories and other media communications
• Create and pitch editorial and blog content on K-12 education topics for clients
• Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions
• Provide media and social media subject matter expertise as needed
• Manage project scope, budget and timeline
• Ensure clear communications between project team members, including setting up regular project check-ins with internal and external teams
• Facilitate team and project meetings
• Support the development of partner and vendor relationships
The ideal candidate for this position will have:
• Superior written and oral communication skills
• Commitment to and strong understanding of K-12 education issues
• Bachelor's degree or master's degree (optional)
• 5-7 years communications and project management experience
• 3-5 years experience in media outreach and public relations
• Media and social media crisis management experience
• Demonstrated success in pitching to local, regional and national media outlets, bloggers and news sites
• Experience in developing and disseminating press releases and media advisories, particularly to education-focused media
• Demonstrated success in creating and placing editorial and blog content
• Established relationships with mainstream and education trade outlets and reporters
• Familiarity with Vocus, PRWeb and PRNewswire or similar products
• Demonstrated expertise in social media strategy and content development
• Ability to travel when required
• Flexibility during peak workload periods
|About Our Company
||Collaborative is passionate about helping improve public education within the United States and across the world through learning, collaboration, communications and engagement.
We are a consulting firm that works to:
• Connect networks of people in learning communities within and across organizations to significantly enhance their knowledge and capacity;
• Create, share and use knowledge to generate new ideas and improve performance; and
• Engage diverse stakeholders to go beyond traditional approaches, create solutions aligned to the values of the people affected by them and build sustained attention to complex problems.
For more than 15 years, Collaborative has partnered with leading education organizations, foundations, government agencies, school districts, and community-based organizations that share our values and commitment. We empower our clients by working to build capacity—not dependency—and by providing an array of strategies, systems and tools that are continuously evolving. We provide access to and connections within a growing network of organizations, researchers, consultants, practitioners, and community members whose collective content knowledge, expertise and experience supports the learning and growth of everyone in the network. We build tools, processes and products that are intended to accelerate learning and productivity and that regularly produce breakthrough results.
The statements in this description represent typical elements, criteria and general work performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills for this job.
Collaborative Communications is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is a strongly held value of Collaborative that power and possibility are not limited by gender, race, class, sexual orientation, disability or age. All candidates will be evaluated on a merit basis.