You might want to bookmark this post.
HubSpot’s Dan Zarrella has assembled a list of the 20 Most Retweetable Words based on his research into the key characteristics of highly-retweetable content.
To compose the list, Zarrella examined the top 10,000 (out of 158,000+ total) most retweeted tweets in his “ReTweet Mapping” database, which you can check out here. He then broke down the most common words and phrases in these highly retweeted posts and “cherry picked through the list (ignoring very common words)” to uncover the top 20 retweetable words or phrases.
Here you are – the 20 Most Retweetable Words:
new blog post
- Don’t be afraid to (selectively) ask for retweets or clicks over to your blog content
- Twitter is meta: tweets about Twitter are retweetable
- Talk to followers directly, using the word “you”
Any words you’re surprised to see, or not see, on this list?
- This Week on #Twitter: Pinterest, Instagram > Twitter, Facebook, Time Spent on Social, #B2B Metrics
- 7 Images to Tweet for Better Engagement
- This Week on #Twitter: 33 Twitter Tips, 96% of Brands on Twitter, Perfect Social Posts
- Answer These 10 Questions to Build Your Twitter Brand