Since 2011, Palo Alto-based BumeBox has been powering compelling real-time social experiences for top global brands like A&E and Cosmopolitan Magazine.
BumeBox creates customized live-tweet programming for everything from real-time celebrity Q&As to Twitter-based mock football drafts.
To date, BumeBox has worked with about 50 brands and media companies. In addition to the above, those include major TV networks like ESPN and 20th Century Fox, and Fortune 500 brands like Honda and Taco Bell.
BumeBox reports that their clients see a 5x-20x increase in daily follower rate as a result of these turbo-charged live tweet experiences, which makes sense given that being heard among the noise is a top priority for all social media marketers today and that can’t be accomplished without a little something extra.
Most recently, A&E’s “Duck Dynasty” leveraged BumeBox to launch a live-tweet experience in association with its premiere last week.
As a result, Duck Dynasty (whose 8 cast members participated in a live Twitter Q&A powered by BumeBox) was #1 in its social TV ratings category and even set a cable viewership record.
Jon Fahrner, CEO of BumeBox, said in a statement,
“There has been a huge technology void around ‘Live Tweet experiences.’ These initiatives can be chaotic, filled with friction and carry a lot of moving parts. BumeBox has positively addressed the needs of all stakeholders: the fan, the marketer and the celebrity.”
Additional BumeBox-fueled live Twitter initiatives include:
- Mommy-blogger-hosted Twitter trivia party for eBay’s mobile app 5th anniversary, which resulted in 16 million social impressions.
- Health and nutrition live tweet chat for Shape Magazine and Quiznos, which saw 3,000+ mentions and 5x increase in conversation versus daily average.
- Live tweet Q&A with musicians, including Icona Pop and the Flaming Lips, at SXSW for Warner Music Group.
(Boombox image via Shutterstock.)
- For Better Trending Topics, Try Current.ly
- CtrlTwit Lets You Control Apps Like Pocket, MeetUp, Instagram Through Your Tweets
- Twitter For Mac Now Features Expandable Timelines, Explorable Tweets, Slicker Design
- New "LeadSift Fingerprint" Tool Uncovers Detailed Insights About Any Twitter User