The release of iOS 7, Apple’s latest and much-hyped operating system for its wildly-popular iPhone and iPad devices, is, as you would expect, dominating Twitter today, with seemingly any and everyone waiting for the Cupertino-based company to launch the update, which is expected worldwide from 10am PST.
iOS 7 comes with many new features, one of which is a greater integration of Siri, Apple’s speaking personal assistant, which is finally out of beta and includes a lot more oomph, functionality and features, one of which is the ability to search Twitter. With your voice.
After installing iOS 7, here’s how you do it:
1. Launch Siri as normal
2. Say “search Twitter for
[word or phrase]“, where
[word or phrase] is what you wish to search for
3. Siri will search Twitter and report back on any results, displaying them in a list with links for more information
Here’s an example search for “iPhone” (image via TechCrunch):
Will you use Siri to search Twitter? Hit the comments to let us know.
- The Dr Seuss Guide To Twitter [INFOGRAPHIC]
- This Week On Twitter: Twitter Interns Paid $6,791/Month, Social User Stats, Social Job Screening
- 7 Ways To Stand Out In A Crowd (In 140 Characters Or Less)
- 15 Reasons Why You've Just Been Unfollowed On Twitter [INFOGRAPHIC]