Moms have long been a key demographic in the social media space for brands and marketers, and one new survey have unveiled some particularly interesting stats about the behaviour of this group in the modern world, notably amongst millennials.
Meredith’s Parents Network‘s Millennial Moms & Media study discovered that digital media plays a much bigger role in the lives of millennial moms than their Gen X counterparts, unveiling the following interesting tidbits:
- 61 percent of millennial moms take friends recommendations seriously on social networking sites
- 78 percent use mobile apps
- 41 percent of moms have sent a “racy photo” of themselves via their mobile phones
Also of note: a large percentage will go out of their way to avoid ads. Check the visual below for all the details, which comes courtesy of AdWeek.
- Just 1 In 10 UK Consumers Use Social Media Sites For Researching Purchases [STUDY]
- 70% Of Brands Response To Customer Complaints On Social Media Within 24 Hours [STUDY]
- Two-Thirds Of UK Twitter Users Follow A Newspaper Brand
- Just 45% Of Brands Have Policy For Dealing With Customer Complaints On Social Media [STUDY]