For the first time ever, music fans can vote for MTV’s Video Music Awards using Vine videos and hashtags.
Leading up to and during the August 25 ceremony, social media users can weigh in on the Best Song of the Summer category using Vine, Instagram, and Twitter.
This isn’t the first time MTA has tapped social media to crowdsource a category’s votes, but it’s the first time Vine’s being added to the mix (seeing as it hadn’t even been unveiled until a few months ago). For previous awards shows, MTV’s social voting only accounted for votes coming from Instagram and Twitter.
- “We Can’t Stop” by Miley Cyrus (#VoteMiley)
- “Get Lucky” by Daft Punk featuring Pharrell (#VoteDaftPunk)
- “I Need Your Love” by Calvin Harris featuring Ellie Goulding (#VoteCalvinAndEllie)
- “Come & Get It” by Selena Gomez (#VoteSelena)
- “Best Song Ever” by One Direction (#VoteOneDirection)
- “Blurred Lines” by Robin Thicke featuring T.I. and Pharrell (#VoteThicke)
The 2013 MTV VMAs will air live from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn on August 25 at 9 p.m. ET. Tune in to see if your vote wins!
- Submit Your Six-Second Masterworks To The Vine Mini Festival
- Vinyet App Pimps Your Vines With 22 Filters, Stop-Motion, Time Lapse And More
- Twitter's Vine: Now Available In German, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese And 19 New Languages
- Vine For Windows Phone App Launches