Are nonprofits using social media effectively?
Craigconnects, a website ran by Craigslist founder Craig Newmark, have who looked at how the top nonprofits were utilizing platforms such as Twitter and Facebook in their campaigns in August and September of 2011.
- 92% of the top 50 nonprofits have at least one social media presence displayed on their website homepage
- PBS has the most followers of any nonprofits on Twitter
- The American Red Cross was the first nonprofit (in the top 50) to create a Twitter account
- 10 Ways That Restaurants Are (And Should Be) Using Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The State Of Social Media And The Telecom Industry [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media Shortcuts To Speed Up Your Browsing [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The Periodic Table Of Social Media