Are nonprofits using social media effectively?
Craigconnects, a website ran by Craigslist founder Craig Newmark, have who looked at how the top nonprofits were utilizing platforms such as Twitter and Facebook in their campaigns in August and September of 2011.
- 92% of the top 50 nonprofits have at least one social media presence displayed on their website homepage
- PBS has the most followers of any nonprofits on Twitter
- The American Red Cross was the first nonprofit (in the top 50) to create a Twitter account
- These Will be the Top Toys This Christmas (According to #Twitter)
- The World of Social Media 2014: Statistics, Facts & Figures [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Holiday Shopping Goes Social (But Not so Much on #Twitter) [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Your New Social Media Strategy: Attract, Engage, Convert & Monitor [INFOGRAPHIC]