Are nonprofits using social media effectively?
Craigconnects, a website ran by Craigslist founder Craig Newmark, have who looked at how the top nonprofits were utilizing platforms such as Twitter and Facebook in their campaigns in August and September of 2011.
- 92% of the top 50 nonprofits have at least one social media presence displayed on their website homepage
- PBS has the most followers of any nonprofits on Twitter
- The American Red Cross was the first nonprofit (in the top 50) to create a Twitter account
- How 5 Brands Are Using Twitter in Latin America [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The Art of Smoasting: How to Boast on Social Media Like a Pro [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media, Great Content and Email Marketing - The Anatomy of a Perfect Event [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Social Media Australia: Retailer Statistics, Facts & Figures [INFOGRAPHIC]