Facebook continues to command the lion’s share of social logins around the web, but faces growing competition from Google, reveals a new study.
In its quarterly social logins report for Q4 2013, Janrain discovered that 90 percent of people have now encountered social logins – Facebook controls 45 percent of this space, gaining two-tenths of a percentage point in Q4 of last year, ahead of Google, with a 35 percent share, and a 2.5 percent uptick.
Twitter, meanwhile, after edging above 10 percent in Q3 2012, now accounts for just 6 percent of social logins, which is tied with Yahoo, although both are falling increasingly out of favour. *
* Seriously, can you remember the last time you logged onto a website with Twitter? Me neither.
- More Than 7 in 10 Twitter, Pinterest Shares Are Now Done Via a Mobile Device [STUDY]
- 46% of Journalists Open to Using Twitter for Press Releases [STUDY]
- Just 5 Percent of Doctors Use Twitter for Professional Purposes [STUDY]
- Facebook Outperforms Twitter, Google+ For Social Brand Interactions [STUDY]