Ever wondered where the world spends its time online?
You know: people like you and me.
Social media, mostly – platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn use up huge chunks of our day.
Surprisingly, portals are the second most popular suckers of time, ahead of entertainment, email, retail and search.
This visual from Microsoft Advertising looks at how the world spends its time online.*
* And in case you’re wondering where porn is, Microsoft says it’s filed under “entertainment”.
- Is Your Business Ready for Social Media? (Use This Decision Tree to Find Out!)
- Cross-Channel Commerce: Mobile, Social and the Internet of Things [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Blogs, Social Media, Video, SEO, Apps - 10 Years of Digital Storytelling [INFOGRAPHIC]
- North Korea, Iran, China, Pakistan, Turkey - Countries Who Block Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC]