With its captivating mix of strong visuals and regularly-updated product lines – not to mention that oh-so-important sexiness – fashion lends itself particularly well to social media, and the top brands have been quick to build large followings on Twitter.
@Dior heads all fashion brands on the platform, with its more than 4 million followers edging out Chanel (and some distance ahead of great rival Yves Saint Laurent). However, it’s @Burberry who have arguably seen the greatest success on Twitter, with their innovative campaigns generating huge amounts of engagement.
Here are the top 10 most popular fashion brands on Twitter.
1. Dior (@Dior, 4,274,282 followers)
2. Chanel (@CHANEL, 4,107,857)
3. Victoria’s Secret (@VictoriasSecret, 3,496,122)
4. H&M (@hm, 3,158,574)
5. Burberry (@Burberry, 2,641,107)
6. Louis Vuitton (@LouisVuitton, 2,456,368)
7. Dolce & Gabbana (@dolcegabbana, 1,932,544)
8. Yves Saint Laurent (@YSL, 1,832,682)
9. Calvin Klein (@CalvinKlein, 1,550,910)
10. Marc Jacobs Intl (@MarcJacobsIntl, 1,452,861)
- New York Fashion Week on Twitter: More Than 1.2 Million Tweets About #NYFW
- Twitter: More Than 2.4 Million Tweets About #AppleLive (Peaking at 32,305 TPM)
- 5 Crazy Ways Social Media is Changing Your Brain Right Now
- 81.9% of Social Shares Happen on Facebook (Twitter: 8.6%, Pinterest: 3%) [STUDY]