Market research specialists Lab42 surveyed 500 Twitter users over the age of 18 to find out how they use the network – specifically, why they decided to start using Twitter, how often they access it (and from where), how often they tweet, how they find people to follow (and how they are) and how they interact with brands.
- 37% of those surveyed access Twitter multiple times per day
- 64% favour Twitter.com as their entry point of choice
- 42% tweet more than once per day
- 33% joined Twitter on the recommendation from a friend
- 69% also use recommendations from friends in deciding who to follow on Twitter
- Twitter's User Growth is The Lowest it's Ever Been
- Can Twitter Reach 300 Million Active Users Before 2015?
- Facebook: 22.36% of Social Referrals in September (Pinterest: 5.52%, Twitter: 0.88%)
- The 13 Most Popular Social Networks (By Age Group)