The 66th Primetime Emmy Awards took place on Monday* and as usual fans quickly moved the conversation to Twitter, discussing the appearances of their favourite stars and shows, alongside key moments throughout the night.
Overall, more than one million tweets were sent about the show up to, during and after the live telecast, according to data from Nielsen.
As we reported last week, Breaking Bad was dominating pre-Emmy buzz on Twitter and the show’s lead actors, Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul, were the most-mentioned stars on the night, behind host Seth Myers.
* In case you’re wondering why the Emmys took place on a Monday this year, here’s your answer: football.
(Source: Twitter Blog.)
- New York Fashion Week on Twitter: More Than 1.2 Million Tweets About #NYFW
- Twitter: More Than 2.4 Million Tweets About #AppleLive (Peaking at 32,305 TPM)
- 5 Crazy Ways Social Media is Changing Your Brain Right Now
- 81.9% of Social Shares Happen on Facebook (Twitter: 8.6%, Pinterest: 3%) [STUDY]