In addition to tweets, Twitter is allowing some users to favorite actual Twitter profiles.
A screengrab shared by Yahoo employee Drew Olanoff shows what the function looks like.
Fav'ing accounts on twitter? Hmmm pic.twitter.com/SLOkziMYZw
— drew olanoff (@drew) December 24, 2013
Different people use Twitter’s favorite button for different things (here are my 4 suggestions). But what if you could favorite actual Twitter accounts? Is that something you’d find useful?
Two potential productive uses of the Twitter favorite button (which, as TheNextWeb points out, Sina Weibo already effectively offers):
- The chance to publicly endorse a small handful of Twitter accounts on your profile
- A notification system for when a select group of Twitter users you follow sends tweets
Thanks to Eli Langer, a producer for CNBC’s social media team, for the tip!
(Social network drawing image via Shutterstock.)
- Feds Spend $1 Million on 'Truthy', the Database That Tracks Misinformation on Twitter
- Twitter Ads Launch in 12 New Markets, Including Austria, Czech Republic, Switzerland and Ukraine
- Twitter Working With Payments Startup Stripe on Shopping Button
- Twitter Rated Top Company for Culture and Values