Twitter for iPhone – aka, Tweetie 3 – was released today. You can download it here (iTunes link). It’s free.
This review will be brief, essentially because Twitter for iPhone isn’t enormously different to Tweetie 2. Sure, they’ve moved a few things around and done a couple of minor adjustments to search, but for the seasoned Tweetie user the overall difference is very marginal indeed.
- An ability to use the app without actually having a Twitter account. (Which seems both utterly pointless and actually self-destructive from Twitter’s point of view.)
- On the off chance you think that Twitter looks fun, you can now sign up within the app
- Search results have been “improved”, which means you’ll now be able to see ads
So, not much different for veterans. Be warned – if you install Twitter for iPhone, it overwrites Tweetie. It’s one or t’other.
For new users to Tweetie, however, this is an essential download. For the full list of reasons why, check out my review of Tweetie 2. Don’t let my indifference put you off – it was already spectacularly good. I just expected this upgrade to offer a little bit more.
- Chrome Extension "Rather" Lets You Filter Out And Replace Any Words On Twitter
- New "LeadSift Fingerprint" Tool Uncovers Detailed Insights About Any Twitter User
- Social CRM Platform Nimble Now Integrates Twitter Profiles And Tweets Into Your Inbox
- Tweetbot Gets An Update For iOS7