80 percent of Twitter users in the United Kingdom access the social network via a mobile device, with reading tweets the favoured activity by three in five users, reveals a new study from Nielsen and Twitter.
The survey also revealed that 80 percent of Spanish Twitter users also access Twitter via a mobile device, compared to 72 percent in the Netherlands and 68 percent in France.
Reading tweets was the top Twitter pastime in these four countries, with clicking on links also popular. *
* Interesting that old-fashioned quoting of tweets is more popular than those newfangled retweets in the UK. Unless the study refers to tweets that contain quotes. In which case, ugh.
- 53% of Mothers Have Considered Quitting Social Media [STUDY]
- Researchers Use Twitter to Predict (And Analyse) Relationship Breakups [STUDY]
- 88% of Companies are Using Social Media for Marketing [STUDY]
- 73% of Recruiters Spending More On Social Networks [STUDY]