EE, Starbucks, Coke and Puma have been named amongst the top ten most well-promoted advertising campaigns on Twitter in the United Kingdom in 2012, based on a range of data including engagements, reach and impressions.
4G mobile phone operator EE finished top of the poll, receiving praise for its strong October launch campaign, and Starbucks UK’s #FreeStarbucks promotion in March finished second.
The top ten can be seen in full below.
- @EE, brand launch campaign, by MEC (October)
- @StarbucksUK, #FreeStarbucks campaign, by Mannigottlieb OMD (March)
- @Puma, Usain Bolt’s 100 metre final campaign, by Zenith Optimedia (August)
- @DairyMilk, sample giveaway for puzzle solvers, PHD (September)
- @EASportsFifa, to promote the launch of Fifa13, MediaCom (September)
- @EnterTheCabinUK, Lionsgate promotion for launch of the film ‘Cabin in the Woods’ by MEC (April)
- @CokeZone, #freecocacola trend, by Vizeum (September)
- @AdidasUK, Olympics closing ceremony campaign, by Carat (August)
- @NowTV, Sky’s launch campaign, by MediaCom (August)
- @AssembleLive, Disney Pictures promotion for launch of The Avengers movie from Disney Pictures, by Carat (April)
(Source: Marketing Magazine.)
- New Skills, Social Curation And Higher Quality - Content Marketing Trends 2014 [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Email Still Beats Social As The Marketer's Weapon Of Choice, Reveals Study [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Brand Awareness, Website Traffic, Customer Insights Top Priorities For Social Marketers [STUDY]
- How To Find B2B Leads In 2014 (Hint: Probably Not On Twitter And Facebook) [INFOGRAPHIC]